Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which sight?

Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM

Default RE: Which sight?

Not picking on you personally Nubo but it cracks me up when people say this sight or that sight isn't bright enough. When I started bow hunting fiber optic sights were not even available. You could get a battery operated pin if you wanted a bright light but the head was about 1/4" in diameter, LOL. I started with a Fineline crosshair sight that uses steel wires to form the cross. I have hunted with that sight for 15 years and never had a problem with not being able to use it during legal hours (all I did was paint it flourescant orange). I just bought a spott-hogg to put on my Allegiance and all I can say is WOW. This is my first fiber optic sight and yes there are others that are brighter, but this baby has one sweet sight picture. With my old non fiber optic and non lighted sight I could hunt till 1/2 hour after sunset no problem and any fiber optic sight is only going to be better. Maybe the lighting is different in Canada but in Ohio it gets dark pretty close to 1/2 hour after sunset and if it does get dark a little before legal shooting time (overcast or foggy days) then I just climb down.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be buying a Impact archery Cosmic this summer. Amazingly bright site.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:48 PM

I would recommend a single pin sight if it fits your shooting style. Try a few different sights until you find the one that is right for you. Remember there is a reason there are many different manufacturers out there.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

I really like the copper john sights. They are made of machined cast aluminum, which makes them last longer and resist cracking or breaking which is very common with other sights on the market. Copper John models also have a bright orange referenceing ring which results in enhanced peep alighnment. Hope this is a help.

Peck
Old 02-01-2005, 04:02 PM

I Have A Copper John Dead Nuts On One Of My Bows And A Hunter Hogg-It On The Other. They Are Both Good Sights But If I Had To Choose It Would Be The Hogg. Good Luck!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

the copper john is an excellent hunting sight, the spot hogg a good one for 3d.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 PM

Spott hogs are garbage, i have the hoggit, the dam pins wont stay tight the 3rd axis is total junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Trophy Ridge Nitro Extreme 5 pin sight and bought the adapter plate and lite. Vertical pins, quality material, no loose nuts, stripping, loosening. Way adjustable. Great sight. And throw on the light and you won't find anything brighter. Everyone of my hunting buddies freaked when they saw it. I had one of the little flex lights but bought the one for the sight for convenience and gave the flex to one friend who immediately went and bought new batteries for it. I can't remeber his sight, but a pretty decent one but no factory light attachment option. The flex light works, its just another little something to jack with when you're trying to hunt. I would also say most of todays bows cetainly don't need 5 pins. I only have 3 sighted in but only have used 1 hunting. You can adjust the pins on the TR and lower the ones you don't use all the way down out of the way if choose. Quick adjust on pins with thumb levers to lock/unlock and thumb levers to adjust height - no tools. Highly recommend.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

No insult taken Blodg, I just find that with the pin's being small and I'm getting older that the pin's are hard for me to see at that time of day ,I've had to climb down from my treestand 15 to 20 minute's early with the Spott Hogg just to put a buck coming in up .and boy do I ever hate that.,it's fine for when I'm shooting 3D but in low light I have a hard time finding my pin's and they just don't hold the light as well as my Impact Archery Cosmic .The Cosmic is a larger pin and wow is this sight ever bright ,I can still see the pin well after shooting light is gone.This is why I prefer it for hunting over the Hogg .Now as for the Hogg it's definetly very well constructed sight and is tough as nails and I wouldn't put any other sight on my bow when it come's to 3D but for hunting the Cosmic is my answer.

nubo
Old 02-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Here is the one sight visible day and night 365 days a year. Single dot with 11 adjustments for all light conditions. The result is a crisp red dot that can only be seen when in proper form.

Quick Reply: Which sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.