Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
buying a bow off of ebay >

buying a bow off of ebay

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buying a bow off of ebay

Old 09-08-2002, 06:07 AM

Default RE: buying a bow off of ebay

I'm also new to bowhunting, and bought my oneida strike eagle through an internet site. The bow is in excellant condition except for one little thing the seller didn't tell me about. The top hole where the sight mounts is stripped from the start to about halfway down! I've been going over it for the last few days trying different things to fix it. Unfortunatley i didn't realize it until i lost all or damaged my arrows from missing the target last weekend. I'even tryied using epoxy to fill the gap between the screw threads that sit in the stripped part, but it isn't working! I'm now going to try lock-tite, cause about only a quarter of the screws grab a thread.
If that doesn't work I'll have to drill completley through to the other side of the riser and put a nut on a long bolt to hold over till after season when i can fill the hole with JB Weld, and drill, and retap it. Other than that I love the bow, and don't regret buying it. I just wish that the seller would've told me about it, so i could've fixed the problem right away instead of finding out about it
$70 later, and a week before the season starts! i still would've bought the bow anyways, cause it was a good deal with only a minor problem. Just be carefull before you buy.