Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mule vs. cougar pics >

Mule vs. cougar pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mule vs. cougar pics

Old 01-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mule vs. cougar pics

Hey BigBulls,
That pic you have of those elk fighting is a FAKE TOO!! Don't deny it, I can use photoshop, and it is really easy to tell a fake from a real one! Just joking[&:][8D]

Those are some wild pics!
Old 01-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

My question is.....why was the person taking the pictures off of the mule? Its saddled so it definitely was ridden. See the dogs in the background, it definitely was a hunt. My guess is the cougar was already severely injured or dead.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

For what it is worth, here is what I see. I'm reasonably sure the "cat" was already dead.

Certainly a mule could perform the actions that we are seeing in the photo, no question about the ability of the animal to do that. Having horses only enforces that opinion. However, a healthy mountain lion would not allow itself to be put in this position, further, and even more incriminating is the body language of the hounds. If there was any type of fight left in this cat those dogs would be all over that feline like a cheap suit! One of them is even sitting down, certainly an inidicator that the battle has been over at least briefly.

Notice the empty scabbard and no evidence of a bow in the saddle either. That is because the hunters have whatever weapons they used to kill the cat, in their possession. I can guarantee you that the owner of this mule would never stand around and take pictures while his valuable piece of property (the mule) is being attacked and threatened by serious injury or death, not happening, no way. A well trained mule or horse is very valuable. You don't just train them overnight, it takes lots of time, effort, and feed-all of which comes at a price. No one is just going to stand by and let an investment of that magnitude be put in harms way- not when they have weapons in their hands.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, it's a fake. So are these.

I got many more "fake" pictures of elk but they're not stored in my computer. I gotta go get them put on a CD so I don't loose them.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just dont think the dogs would be sitting there wouldnt they be sniffing at it and why woulkd the person who took the pic jsut watch his mule do that even if it was winning id atleast try to scare it awayy or something
Old 01-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would have to say those look fake to me , but i dont knwo for sure , jsut my opinion , maybe if it was a video or somethin i dunno just my 2 cents
Old 01-30-2005, 05:46 PM

I dont think the dogs are stupid enough to mess with a cougar even if it is wounded, and a dead cougar would look limp when the mule picked it up. Looks real too me. Cool pictures.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whenever i go on a guided hunt with pack mules, i want that one
Old 01-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think the dogs are stupid enough to mess with a cougar even if it is wounded,
Haven't spent much time with hounds have you.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mule vs. <span class="high">cougar</span> pics

well i also dont think the mule would pick it up with its mouth
personallly i think it is fake

Quick Reply: Mule vs. cougar pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.