Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Taking the gadgets off >

Taking the gadgets off

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taking the gadgets off

Old 01-27-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Taking the gadgets off

Well I just took ever thing off my bow sights, kisser button, peep sight the only thing that I left on was the dropaway rest only because I dont have anything to put back on I even put me release up. Now I'm shooting instinktive (SP) and finger release and me groups didn't grow that much at 10 yards. With these settup I can draw aim and shoot faster nothing to destract me off me target. I havn't shot this way for 15 years. I want to get a long bow but can't aford one for a while so I'm practicing with my compound. Need to practice at 15 to 30 yards thats the fearthest I well shoot with no sights and fingres. Has Any one else done this I'm just tired of all the little gadgets and shot traditional style.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Taking the gadgets off

I've shot compounds any way they can be shot - in competition anyway - and I've always preferred shooting barebow and fingers. Especially for hunting! But I'd mount sights on my bow and maybe whip out the release when I wanted to shoot a certain tournament class.

A few years ago, my eyes finally got to the age where I couldn't see anything but a line of blurs where my sight pins were supposed to be and I took the sights off for good. Even won compound class in a club 3D shoot against the sights/release guys a couple weeks afterward.

Check out the book "Become the Arrow" by Byron Ferguson. It's written for traditional shooters but the aiming style he describes in the book works perfectly well with compounds too.