Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery club members? >

Archery club members?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery club members?

Old 01-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Archery club members?

I have been a member of a club for about four years now,and really never went to any of the shoots or anything,but was thinking about starting to attend them.I also was thinking about getting more involved with the club.How many of you belong to clubs and what do you like about them best?Thanks for any replies.I am a member of Auroraland Archers in Batavia IL.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:55 PM

Default RE: Archery club members?

Me and a few others started a club about 5 years ago, and was putting on 3-d shoots and really enjoyed it for a few years. But as im sure many clubs are, we had about 75 members, and only about 5 or so would ever help out with setting up the shoots, or anything to do with the club. They had no trouble making time to come and shoot at the tounaments, but never had time to help out when the work needed done. So after two years in a row of getting up and starting to set up a 3-d course at 3 or 4 am, and then being there until 8 or 9 pm taking them down, we decided to stop having shoots. I really miss it, and wish we could spark a new interest with some local guys again, and get it going again, but until then Ill have to go elsewhere to shoot 3-d.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:14 PM

drstalker,

I am new to the Aurora area and was looking for an archery club to join to get into some more shooting. Could you send me some more information on this club? I might be interested in joining to get to know some more people in the area that are into bow hunting. If you would like send me an email at [email protected] with more information.

Thanks

Dan
Old 01-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

drstalker, I joined Auroraland Archers this past fall. I don't think there has been any shoots since I joined but I am shooting in the Indoor Winter Leagues. I plan on attending as many shoots as I can this year.

danbell78, try this for more info-[link]http://www.auroralandarchers.org/[/link]
Old 01-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I found a club to join in 1984. Even though I'd already been hunting with a bow since the 50's, I learned more about shooting form/techniques, tuning bows and bowhunting methods in the first two years after I joined than I'd learned in all the years before. Since then, I've served 19 terms as a club officer. Just like anything else, as a club member you only get out of the club what you put into it. If you get involved, you'll have a great time, find a host of new friends, have many invitations to go hunting... Sure, it's work but it's worth it.

If you don't get involved, then you'll make a lot of non-friends and nobody would invite you to anything more than a butt whoopin'. Anyone that's a slacker at their club will likely be a slacker in the hunting camp as well. You can see Angus's opinion about people who don't get involved.

Remember, you joined an ARCHERY CLUB, not an archery range. As a member, YOU are part of the grounds crew. YOU are part of the management team. YOU are a representative of your club. You accepted these responsibilities when you paid your dues. A real man honors his responsibilities.

Angus, sure it would be nice if everyone pitched in and did their part. I'm just enough of an idealist to hope, but cynical enough to know it ain't gonna happen. Just gather up the few guys in your club who want to have a club, who want to put on shoots, and get with it. They are the core of your club, your true members. Don't ever give the slightest consideration to the deadheads. They're nothing but names on your roster and having their money is worse than not having it. Just make sure the membership dues they pay are high enough to cover the wear and tear they cause on your targets.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have belonged to an archery club in southeastern Pa. for over 20 years. www.hemlockfiedarchers.com This is an archery only club with approximately 90 acres of wooded outdoor property and an indoor range up to 30 yards. You can shoot all year long and if you have any problems there is usually someone there that can help. We have target and 3-D shoots all year including indoor 3-D for those who don't care much for the cold. We sponsor HUNT OF A LIFETIME shoots for kids with terminal diseases so they can go on a hunt of their choice. We also have youth classes for school programs, 4H and JOAD instruction. Also available are International Bowhunter Safety Courses to earn your IBHS certificate. What I enjoy the most is talking with other members on hunting, scouting and tuning. Well work the few bucks for membership.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:42 AM

I am going to join the Washington State Archers this month. I just foundthem at the local Sportsmans show this weekend.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I am the president of the Gainesville archery club in Gainesville, GA. We do have a hard time getting people to show up to set up for the shoot, but we usually get a bunch of folks there to help tear down, as most hang around all day anyway.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:18 PM

i want to join a club but none around here!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Dannbell like hammer said check out there web addy,it's a fairly new site so keep checking back.There is also the membership chairperson's e-mail addy,that will be glad to answer any questions.When it warms a little,if either of you want to do some shooting there shoot me an e-mail. [email protected]

Quick Reply: Archery club members?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.