Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

taking notes

Old 01-23-2005, 10:49 AM

Default taking notes

when i shot a deer in the field this year he went about 60 yards and beeded down then after he expired a doe came out to check him out hmm i wonder has anyone else had this happen to bad she didnt walk my way i could have filled both my tags that day insted im heading out tonight at least he went towards the car
Old 01-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: taking notes

Yes I have! The first deer I shot with my bow was a nub which thought was a doe! I arrowed him and he ran 15 yards and dropped. Primetime in the rut and I thought what better to attract a buck than a does scent! I let him lay a good hour before I got down. I could see him the whole time from my stand and up over the ridge came a nice 8 point and walked up to him and sniffed him and walked around him then walked off away from me! I thought that was pretty cool!