Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone have an archery range in there house >

Anyone have an archery range in there house

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone have an archery range in there house

Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Anyone have an archery range in there house

When we built our house we put a golf driving range in the basement. Well no one uses it any more so i put some 3D targets up and i can shoot a full 20 yrds. My mom hates it when i shoot my bow in the basement. The wall behind the tagets is cement, at 20 yds i dont think i would ever completly miss the target but you never know what is going to happen and i dont want to destroy any arrows. Does anyone know what the tarp behind the targets at the bow shooting things on tv is made of?
Old 01-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone have an archery range in there house

not in the house but i've got 16 targets in the field behind the house.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I had one before I put up walls down there. I could get to 30 yrds. Now I'm putting up a shooting platform (AKA deck) and will have decoys at various ranges and technical shoot difficulty. I also plan on putting up a feeder in the middle of it so I can pop a few bambies without leaving the house next year.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:04 PM

We have an old BIG barn on the property that we keep thinking about doing something to.. I believe it is 120 feet long so I could probably get close to 40 yards for a range. Not to mention that it is elevated so we can build a shooting deck out of it and shoot down from a 20 foot elevated position at targets, kind of like a treestand without having to go to the woods. To dang cold to use it this time of the year though.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:06 PM

I have acres and acres of woods behind my house and I will be settin up some targets and decoys up behind the house and shoot from the deck once I get my new bow.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:19 PM

I shot in my trailer house untell I stuck an arrow threw the wall and half way out side the wife said no more. (trailer wall panieling, inselation and thin aluminum siding) true redneck target range hahaha
Old 01-18-2005, 05:35 PM

A few years ago when I shot alot of indoor league I used to shoot in the house. I could stand in the kitchen, shoot over the breakfast bar, through the living room, down the hall into the back bedroom, and had 18 yards. That is truly a redneck indoor range!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:42 PM

Due to the tightly-packed neighbors in my development, I'm forced to either shoot at the state park that is 25 minutes away, or shoot in my house. Most times, I shoot in my house. My target is set up in the lower basement and I stand in the family room, which gives me a 12 yard shot. Not as far as I'd like it, but at least my chances of missing the target are minimal!
Sometime within the next 5 months I hope to move to a more "arrow friendly" yard!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one in my basement thats 15 yards. it works pretty good. I use it
when its cold or nasty out other than that i go out in my back where i can shoot different yardage usualy 30 to 35 yards but i could go out to 50,60
if i wanted.only done that a few times just wanted to see if i could do it
Old 01-18-2005, 09:14 PM

that be my life

Quick Reply: Anyone have an archery range in there house

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.