Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone have an archery range in there house >

Anyone have an archery range in there house

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone have an archery range in there house

Old 01-19-2005, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Anyone have an archery range in there house

You can use old rubber mats hang them on the wall, at least it would stop a arrow from coming back at you.or sandwich a few pieces of 4'-8' -1/2 dry wall behind the targets 3-5 pieces might save your arrows.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:17 PM

When we built our home 11 years ago I told my wife I wanted an indoor archery range
in the basement. Our contractor was a hunter also and actually got a chuckel when
I told him what I wanted. He said he has built alot of homes over the years but not
one with an indoor bow range! It was a great investment and I shoot 20 yards indoors
in a warm basement all winter long.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:05 AM

I have a 25yrd.range down stairs.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:44 AM

[/quote]
Aside from the safety hazard assoiated with shooting in an occupied home I feel that shooting in a wind free environment will do little or nothing to "marry" one to his bow since it isn't very realistic . Shooting indoors is more appropriate for target shooting , not hunting .
Well it is like -20 for the last week and in the winter it doesn't get much over 5 degrees I dont know about you but i really dont want to go outside to sit there and shot 3 arrows and get cold. It is 70 degrees in my basement and very comfortable to shoot in. But when it warms up i go out side because i have 9 3D's out there.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have 14 yds in my cellar that I use all the time.Believe me,if you shoot enough you will miss the target[:@]I learned to shoot on my little range and its my testing ground.I also have more targets out in the yard that I use regularly.Ron
Old 01-20-2005, 06:12 PM

Kevin1:
I feel that shooting in a wind free environment will do little or nothing to "marry" one to his bow since it isn't very realistic . Shooting indoors is more appropriate for target shooting , not hunting .
Kevin, whenever your shooting time is limited and it's either shoot inside or don't shoot period, I gotta think that shooting inside is better than nothing. On which finger does your bow where its wedding ring?
Old 01-21-2005, 07:19 PM

Kevin are you there? Maybe your bow won't let you sign onto the computer 'cause it needs some attention and wants to feel special? [8D]
LOL
Old 01-21-2005, 09:53 PM

wish i had a range in my house
Old 01-21-2005, 09:54 PM

hay lowboy ever hit the walls
Old 01-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

thanks for the help with what the tarp was i plan on getting some. My mom says i cant shoot in the basement with out a tarp to stop the arrow (should i happen to miss).
Oh come on Kyle, with a house the size of yours im guessin that you should have some cash to throw around if you miss!!! Just kiddin.... I bet Rudy can help you get ahold of the stuff that you are looking for!!

Quick Reply: Anyone have an archery range in there house

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.