Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Bow question !!! >

New Bow question !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow question !!!

Old 01-08-2005, 08:03 AM

Default RE: New Bow question !!!

I just upgraded to the new Switchback and paid $584.00. However, this was for the bow only. Speaking from experience and based on how long you have owned your previous bow, I would suggest spending a little more money upfront and get the bow you would really like to have. Expecially if your going to use it for another twelve years. Better than spending another $500 in couple years to get that bow of your dreams. You could just by the bow for now and use your exiting rest, sight and accessories until you can afford to buy new ones. Just a thought. Good Luck
Old 01-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

For $450.00 you can scoop yourself up a top of the line bow from last year ,although it's used but you'll have a great bow,that you'll not need to replace for a few year's .E-bay and the classified's on this forum are good place's to be looking for a new bow .What I've noticed about the bow's on this forum is that you need to be on them right of way or they'll be sold fast. Good luck and check out the classifieds at the bottom of the page.

nubo
Old 01-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

choctaw-brave where on earth did you find a switchback at that price.sounds like a great deal.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:57 PM

Smoky Valley Shooting Sports & Archery Pro Shop
2341 14th Avenue
Lindsborg, Kansas 67436
(785) 227-4318

They have great prices on other bows as well including Hoyt, BowTech and various other models. If you are interested, give them call. Though it is a small shop in the middle of nowhere, they carry a large selection of bows. I have no idea where you leave, but if you know what you want and how you want it set up, they can always ship it to you.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info.the shops around here want top dollar.and don't even think about buying a matthews off ebay.guy had a switchback that went off tonight starting bid was $700 buy it now of $850
Old 01-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have great prices on other bows as well including Hoyt, BowTech and various other models. If you are interested, give them call. Though it is a small shop in the middle of nowhere, they carry a large selection of bows.
Mathews , Hoyts , and Bowtechs all in the same shop? I envy you!

I wanna move to Kansas!

thanks for the info.the shops around here want top dollar.and don't even think about buying a matthews off ebay.guy had a switchback that went off tonight starting bid was $700 buy it now of $850
That ebay Switchback was just an ebay seller taking advantage of alot of anticipation by folks waiting on their local shops to get in the Switchbacks and deciding not to wait. You can get them much cheaper than that and I'd also look at leftover 04 models as nubo mentioned.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

You are wrong, you can afford a solocam! Parker Hunter Mag.
http://www.parkerbows.com/
Check it out! I killed a 5X5 bull elk in 04, so I know they work.
Gselkhunter