HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New Bow question !!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/85278-new-bow-question.html)

kao yssom 01-05-2005 01:28 PM

New Bow question !!!

Im going to purchase a new Bow,Now im using a Onieda Eagle Tomcat II its about 12+ years old and time for a new one. Any suggestions on bows? I cant afford a "solo cam" I have about $450.00-$500.00 for the package..

Flintflinger 01-05-2005 02:24 PM

RE: New Bow question !!!

The bow I am looking at, and maybe someone can input aboutthis one too, I the Cabelas Outfitter 1.5. The kit price is like $540, but it comes with your choice of 2 sights, your choice of 2 rests, one being a WB, quiver and something else that I cant remember right off.

ELKINMTCWB 01-05-2005 02:30 PM

Look at some bow stores they may have used bows like a solo cam or dif very good bow for around $400 or $500. By looking at some post on this sight there is a ton of allmost new bows sold every day.

MOhuntin 01-05-2005 02:39 PM

I bought a new Hoyt Utrasport this year. Toxonics sight, Whisker Biscuit rest, Alpine Soft Loc quiver, Limbsavers, 6 Easton Epic carbon arrows and paid about $550 for the whole
setup. So far I am very happy with this bow for the money. But I shot several bows before choosing this one and would suggest you do the same. Buy the best bow you can in your price range but make sure it feels good to you when you shoot it. Good luck.

kao yssom 01-05-2005 04:15 PM

How about other brands like Grizzy reflex or PSE or the fred bear bows or Parker any comments on them..Thanks

BOWFANATIC 01-06-2005 01:03 AM

I shot a 2004 Martin Cougar III last week for ships & grins and was very impressed. It is a very high quality great shooting bow. My dealer has the 04 models priced at $429

ringneck2 01-06-2005 08:28 AM

Im looking at the cabelas 1.5 also .Its made by pse .cant beat cabelas service .needs to be a little closer to spring thou

slugman 01-06-2005 08:48 AM

fred bear bows
I had a whitetail quest bow from bear that was a great bow. Never has any problems with and it was a sweet shooter. Cabela's has the package on sale for less than $200. Luckily santa was very good to me this yr ...got a parker

duramaxlt 01-06-2005 11:36 AM

you may want to look at martin bows they make some very high quality bows at affordable prices.

Mikeforelk 01-06-2005 12:49 PM

I just upgraded after 10 years myself. Santa brought me a new Parker and I love it. Very smooth bow. And when I called Parker with questions they where very helpful. Check out the Parker bows.