Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Proper etiquette question???? >

Proper etiquette question????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Proper etiquette question????

Old 01-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Proper etiquette question????

I would never back off from hunting a place if I hadn't scouted it properly. Just do your normal thing and be quiet going in. Climb a tree and hunt. Call it a still scouting trip if you want. Even in places I know, I have made changes based on previous hunts or noisey end stuffers screwing up the place. The best advice I can give you in this situtation is don't be afraid to move if you find the deer traveling 60 yrds or so from you. That's the trail they picked that day. You can do yourself a lot of good moving and climbing a tree or though I'm not good at ground stands, doing a ground stand. Just be quiet about it. This becomes really important during the rut. If you see a doe being pushed by some bucks away from you, MOVE. Chances are other bucks will be on the same trail with in 30 mins. Worst thing you can do is sit still and watch the deer from a distance.

Stand etiquette? Try to meet them and know where they park. That's the best way to know if someone else is hunting. For me I beat everyone in the woods in the morning so they know by my vehicle. I have also had to hunt with in 100 yrds of someone else but that won't screw you up either. It happens and oh well. I won't use low ladder stands I prefer to be 30'+ in the air. I have been know to use them for a starting point.

Good Luck!