Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why are bowhunters so much better? >

Why are bowhunters so much better?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are bowhunters so much better?

Old 01-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Why are bowhunters so much better?

Muley,

I live in Mokena, IL.

I hunt all over the state though, upland birds in the middle to south, ducks in the west near the mississippi, deer both way south in the Shawknee Natl. Forrest (private land) and in will and cook counties and coyote all over the state.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amen Washington Hunter Amen brother ya said a mouthfull.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:38 AM

A mouth full said .

I guess were just so used to fighting everything else in life it just carries over.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:57 AM

I would have been PO'd too. But I wouldn't want to blame it on gun hunters in general. I do agree that bowhunters have more of a challenge. I hunt with a gun and bow and like to think that bowhunting has made me a better hunter all around. Keep your head up and look towards next year. Sounds like you found a good spot farther in as a result.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I did just need to vent and it went to who has a more difficult shot. My complaint isn't that I had to share the area with an end stuffer but that he was noisey as all get out. I'm surprised he didn't ride up the hill on a four wheeler. I just think it takes bowhunting expirience to be able to creap in, climb a tree without chasing all the deer away. We won't even go into changing the patterns of 4 dozen+ deer.

I also don't mean to lump all gun hunters with these idiots. It's just funny as heck.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 AM

I don't think you should rule out all gun hunters here... You might want to watch your opinions on here...
Old 01-03-2005, 10:59 AM

I just thought I would jump in here. I think it takes both equal amounts of skill. I have in fact been up on many more elk during the bow season then the rifle season. But that being said in someplace like Colorado where I grew up all the gun really does is saves some time and some walking. I think it is hunting skill not gun or bow hunting skill. That being said, I like to get out and just enjoy the wilderness, so hunting whitetails I like to move around, hunt from the ground, and still hunt. People around where I hunt sometimes say that is stupid that I don't use a tree stand. It is just my choice on how I want to do it. Don't think it makes me any less or more of a good hunter. But I am sure since it is on public land someone in a tree stand would be super pissed at me since I am not staying in one place and say that I am not doing it right. Sorry just thought I would play a little devils advocate.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

yet more material for my "examples of elitism" post!!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:09 AM

doughboysigep,

being superior = elitism
Old 01-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt both rifle and bow, but 90 - 95% of the time with the bow, not because it's better, but because rifle hunting is too easy, almost anybody can do it. It doesn't required the degree of skill like bowhunting does. Just my 2 cents.

In the past couple of years, I've been hearing it going both ways. Everybody hears of bowhunter gripping about the rifle hunters and their ways. Rifle hunters do it because they can and still be successful, where as bowhunters do it and they're SOL.

In the past couple of years here in Kansas, there have been a descent amount of rifle hunters have been complaining because bowhunters have longer season, and better season(which they do). It's a lot easier for a rifle hunter to screw up a hunting spot for a bowhunter, than a bowhunter to screw a hunting spot up for a rifle hunter. You can find hunters on both sides with the "elitest" attitudes. You don't have to go far to find one.

Quick Reply: Why are bowhunters so much better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.