Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First deer with a bow >

First deer with a bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First deer with a bow

Old 01-01-2005, 10:56 PM

Default First deer with a bow

Well guys this is my 1st post and would like to say thanks to all of u that do post and respond because i have learned alot just by following the message boards. But on to my reason for the post, downed my first deer with a bow yesterday and i can honestly say that even though it was a doe i was more exited about this kill than any i have ever had. Im putting up the ole rifle and im a bow man from now on. So thanks again to all you posters for the info .
Old 01-01-2005, 11:02 PM

Default RE: First deer with a bow

way to go man. Got my first dec 8, it was an awesome moment. congrats on the first.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your very first; you'll NEVER forget it. As far as your first being a DOE, as many of the seasoned vets here can tell you, a mature doe is a formidable opponent with a bow. I know in my experiences, the doe are more likely to "duck the string" than a buck is, but that's MY opinion. Good luck to you in your new found passion/obsession that is BOWHUNTING! Welcome to the boards as well!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, but what about the hunt, shot and track? Glad that you are hooked, now you are obsessed like most all of us in here. Hope you got pictures of your first? I didn't take pictures of the does I shot in the beginning (first two or three) and now I regret it. I shouldn't say I didn't take pictures because I actually have one or two of them in the garage, but it is not the same as an in the field photo for the album. congratulations again, now get another!
Old 01-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yea congrates,we need the story.pics, phone number,what you had for breakfast,and all the details
Old 01-02-2005, 01:35 AM

Well my apologies for not giving details, im not acustomed to people wanting to hear details usualy i get that loving but blank stare from my wife when i try to share the moment. I wasnt even planning to hunt when i went out my main goal was to fix a water leak on one of the trailers we camp in. The repairs were completed faster than i thought and i had taken my bow to do a little practicing beacause believe it or not it was an early christmas present so i had no intention of hunting with it this year. But after shooting awhile it was still early in the afternoon so i thought what the heck ill go set awhile and see if i get lucky and thats what it was pure luck. I was foutunate to catch a glimpse of the two doe before they were close so i was drawn and ready when they hit my clearing. I hit her about six inches back of where i was intending to but still hit her solid. I was able to keep an eye on her for about 150 yards so i had a good starting point to track from, i waited for about 30 mins before i moved toward the road to the truck, since i had plenty of light left i wasnt in any hurry so i thought i would go to the truck and load up my gear before starting to track her.but on the way i spotted her so i just took a seat and waited a while and was able to see she was done before i moved in. I know it was pure luck but ill still take it. As for what i had for breakfast it was bacon and eggs and i didnt think to ask her for her phone number (lol) but thats the story. Hope to have another to tell soon.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job , your hooked , hey those old does are twice as hard to kill as a buck .
Old 01-02-2005, 08:41 AM

Congrats!!! Another one hooked for life!!! You know taking a deer by any method is great. However, there is something about the formidable challenge and the rush when you get 'em with a bow. Taking the doe is no problem. Consider it a warm up for her monster boyfriend!! Oh and yes unlike some of the spouses, kids, co-workers etc... WE ALWAYS LOVE ALL THE DETAILS HERE!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!!!! Most of us here got a doe for our first!

Quick Reply: First deer with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.