HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First deer with a bow
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 01:35 AM
cowdog1742

Default RE: First deer with a bow

Well my apologies for not giving details, im not acustomed to people wanting to hear details usualy i get that loving but blank stare from my wife when i try to share the moment. I wasnt even planning to hunt when i went out my main goal was to fix a water leak on one of the trailers we camp in. The repairs were completed faster than i thought and i had taken my bow to do a little practicing beacause believe it or not it was an early christmas present so i had no intention of hunting with it this year. But after shooting awhile it was still early in the afternoon so i thought what the heck ill go set awhile and see if i get lucky and thats what it was pure luck. I was foutunate to catch a glimpse of the two doe before they were close so i was drawn and ready when they hit my clearing. I hit her about six inches back of where i was intending to but still hit her solid. I was able to keep an eye on her for about 150 yards so i had a good starting point to track from, i waited for about 30 mins before i moved toward the road to the truck, since i had plenty of light left i wasnt in any hurry so i thought i would go to the truck and load up my gear before starting to track her.but on the way i spotted her so i just took a seat and waited a while and was able to see she was done before i moved in. I know it was pure luck but ill still take it. As for what i had for breakfast it was bacon and eggs and i didnt think to ask her for her phone number (lol) but thats the story. Hope to have another to tell soon.