Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted Nudgent (This guy is Cra--Z) >

Ted Nudgent (This guy is Cra--Z)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted Nudgent (This guy is Cra--Z)

Old 12-26-2004, 06:44 AM

Default RE: Ted Nudgent (This guy is Cra--Z)

I agree, Ted should talk softly, say little of interest, act like a gentleman. He should use vocabulary like "harvest", "wildlife management", "ecological balance" and other politically correct verbage. If he would only blend into the background, no one would hear him and he'd be just like anyone else here - boring, mundane and completely unknown. No one would stop to listen, no one would be stimulated to look further into the topic and anti-hunters would be very happy.

Yep, if a pro-hunting person is speaking in public, he better look, talk and act just like I prefer, because other people like me might see him and not like hunting because of him. I only want to see hunters who are like me. He says things like "beast", "kill", "blood" and other terrible things.

By the way, if you really didn't want "to start a bad post here about Ted", you went about it all wrong. You should have said good things about a guy who fights for your right to hunt, on a daily basis.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

TED levels the playing field. he-s crude rude and to the point. WHATS YOUR OPINION ON tred barta?
Old 12-26-2004, 07:55 AM

I've had the pleasure of talking to Ted and can say he is definitely CRAZY.....crazy about hunting,crazy about youth outdoors,crazy about maintaining the rights of hunters that he has never met,...saving the enviorment..stamping out the punk mentality...supporting our military...keeping the lawmakers informed of the sportmans needs...etc. Oh,I forgot music... Really ,folks ,the man and his organization does more for the hunters of the USA than anyone....and guess what?.........He does it with resources that he has put together on his own.......Not with money that was just given to him cuz he's the son,brother,cousin,uncle,aunt,or whatever......I've watched an awful lot of these outdoors shows and I see 3,4,5,or more different camera angles, that tells me that most of them are "performed" on ranches.....I'll bet most of you guys could do the same if you had the resources...........But....Would you? I dont want to sound like I'm some kind of Nugent freak, but I think we should give credit to the man and all the others that really work hard at keeping us hunting...not just trying to sell us the latest in Yuppy gear....If we could show the dedication of Ted Nugents,the Tommy Knapps,the Joe Bouchers,the Ted Takisakis,the Boy Scouts of America and all the other self motivated ,we will all be enjoying the great outdoors for a long time..............Just my thoughts, lotatoy^she
Old 12-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

good work with children
lol. Tell that too the son he had out of wedlock and had never seen.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:57 PM

OK..thanks everyone and i now know that i am not going crazy. Ted is a little off his rocker someone mentioned in one of the post that he is hunting his own property behind fences...uggggg. well, i could raise a chicken and put it on the dinner in the evening. i am for hunting where u live, but the fences have to go....not unless the deer can jump them. Well, as i stated, Ted is a great musician i am sure. his tv hunting is not good...and the verbage would turn anyones stomach. Da Beast please, cut me a break.

Lemond
Old 12-26-2004, 02:07 PM

I have to agree the NUGE is insane but you gotta love him in a weird kinda way. He does a lot for the sport and kids and his music is awesome. Who could ever forget Stanglehold or Cat Scratch Fever?
Old 12-26-2004, 05:50 PM

No he is not perfect, but the good the guy does for hunting far outweighs the bad. Hunting would be worse off without his antagonizing the antis.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

Ted is a very intellegent person, and he knows exactly how to create the largest impact onto his audience because he does it "raw". (he creates discussion/debate)

Most of his act is just that, because when he actually gets off of that and talks, as he does in front of legislation and bunny huggers, there is no denying the fact that he knows exactly what he is talking about. And he does us all as hunters untold good.

He does all of the "maniac wildman" stuff just to target the kids in a "raw" exciting fashion. Otherwise, it would be the same as everyone else, lost in the mix, and he doesn't want that. Kids want excitement, otherwise they will not stay interested. And, at the same time it drives the antis (as well as some of us who do not understand the tactic he is using) nuts, and as stated it gets everyone talking. Exposure to the sport is good, pubilicity is good, even if some people think it is bad publicity, they are talking. One thing is for sure, you will not forget who he is when his name is mentioned, even if you didn't know him outside of his hunting show.

And THAT my friends, is superior marketing techniques at work. Pinwheel 12
Jack
One thing is for sure, you will not forget who he is when his name is mentioned

Yep, all of that sure is true and believe it or not, it doesn't take any genius to figure out some super secret "tactic" he is using.

I know exactly what he's doing and exactly what he is most concerned about.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:58 PM

love him or hate him you still know him and i thank him for standing up for the hunting community, which is alot more than some people do with the same resources. i just wandered if you have ever been to a cow or pig farm, they breed them feed them and harvest them all within their fenced feilds. So if ted does do this on his ranches which creates his hunts to promote his show which funds his fighting ability i don't see how you can complain. remember, he who has the gold makes the rules.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now before any more riping on him gets done, read about him a little bit an then speak. www.tednugent.com I happen to like they guy, and if anyone woulld say that they wouldn't wanna meet the guy or hunt with them, they are either lieing or crazy!! Reed the bottom of the main page on his site. Here is what it says: "Ted Nugent is a singular influence, having an unbelievable impact on this industry. His ideological umbrella encompasses personal freedoms, accountability, harmony with nature and lawful responsibility by all. He presents his high impact philosophy to an ever-growing audience in a welcome, entertaining fashion with humor, and his incomparable rock guitar genius. Nugent is making a major positive difference with youth, legislation and society in general." --Carole Barnette, Assistant Attorney General, State of Michigan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.