Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost to cold

Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Almost to cold

extreme1

You are a tough cookie. LOL I have hunted when daytime highs here are 15 - 20 F below but if much of a wind, I stay home. No much for trees here so you are sitting/stalking in the open. Wind is a killer for me and today is a good example. It is 0 out now but we have a 20 - 30 mph wind with higher gusts. A good day to stay home and make up time with the family.

You know it cold when your bow is frosted to your wool glove when you get back to the truck at the end of a day. Makes a guy wonder if the wife is right on me being insane for hunting in really cold weather. Times like this is when you really apperciate gutting a deer. Oh the warmth on the hands!! Dragging it to the truck keeps you warmed up too!! Goodluck on your hunting. Hoping the wind dies down so I can be out in the morning. They are saying 10 - 15 below. I have a feeling it will be colder.

Tim
Old 12-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

What happens to your bow at those temps? Can it still be drawn back without breaking something?
LOL-naw the bow should be fine.I was worried this morning though that the wind was blowing snow around that the cams would freeze up as the bow was a white frost when i got back to the truck.

Ps. I guess your name is for the climate you hunt?
Some people have said that,but my hands cant take it like they did a few years ago.I chose my name because when I joined this site I had the bowtech EXTREME solo-----just thought the name would suit me

snowman-----I have the hand muff,and use "hot paws" when needed but will be investing in some of those boot blankets next year

Need to get you one of th0se hot suits that keep you warm all day.
Sounds good to me

TJF-------My wife thinks im insane whether im hunting or not---lol
Old 12-18-2004, 06:00 PM

Extreme, you should check out those Heater Body Suits. One of those suits and boot covers will keep you warm at almost any temp. I sat for a few hours this evening with windchills at about -10 and was never even the least bit cold. In two years, I have yet to get cold with that combination.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anything below about 25 degree Farenheit and I have a very hard time enjoying myself out there. I can do it, but its more of a struggle than a hunt.

Stonyrvr, can you give a little more info on that suit? Maker? Where it can be ordered?

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:18 PM

VC1111, check out www.heaterbodysuit.com.