Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My season has begun..... >

My season has begun.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My season has begun.....

Old 12-16-2004, 07:48 AM

Default My season has begun.....

Yesterday was the official end to my 2004 hunting season. Although I saw some nice deer I didn't get my shooter within bow range. If one good thing came out of this season my comitment to bow hunting has been strengthend. Unless I hunt goose or ducks next year I'm sure I will not pick up a firearm.

So my 2005 Bow season will open this weekend. Forecast is calling for snow and I have a new property to explore. In fact I think my shooters frequent the 10 new acres I got permission to hunt a few weeks back more then the 50 I've been hunting all fall. After I take down my remaining stands this weekend I hope to get some late season scouting done. Hopefully locating a bedroom I've never had access to.

To those still hunting, I envy you. To those whose season has passed, get out and make it happen for next year. I often find late season scouting to be one of the most beneficial times to scout. Deer are still in their fall patterns and from what I've seen so far have yet to yard up for the winter.

Either way as I see it, the season is still going or has just begun. Have fun out there and good luck....

Adams
Old 12-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My season has begun.....

Post season scouting is an exciting time for sure. Get out there and hit it hard. Be sure to report any findings or sheds. Also it was good to see you over at the other site.

God luck.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:34 AM

Although I have been hunting since Oct. 1, my season really is now just beginning. The last 2 months of the season are always much better than the first 2.

The Christmas hunt always is good down here!!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote][Deer are still in their fall patterns and from what I've seen so far have yet to yard up for the winter.
/quote]

not here...there starting there journey to the yards, last sunday we got 2 feet of snow and calling for more lake effect on the way for the weekend, ill be hunting till jan2. in the last few days the traditonal migration trails have really been beat down heavy crossing the county roads heading south to there yards, you can bet ill be out there this weekend sitting on one those runs. should make for some high deer sightings...man i cant wait!!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:37 AM

not here...there starting there journey to the yards, last sunday we got 2 feet of snow and calling for more lake effect on the way for the weekend, ill be hunting till jan2. in the last few days the traditonal migration trails have really been beat down heavy crossing the county roads heading south to there yards, you can bet ill be out there this weekend sitting on one those runs. should make for some high deer sightings...man i cant wait!!
Well you're on the UP. I'd expect them to yard up about mid August up there.lol

Buckeye, Work has been hectic latey. I barely have time to get on here but I'll definately make my way over there. A scouting forum makes tons of sense since I scout for nine months and hunt for three.

That wasn't fair Double Creek! Two more months to go How much are non resident tags
Old 12-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well adams I got till the end of december.I have seen alot of deer in range but just not what im looking for.Hopefully i'll fill my tag in the next couple of weeks.
I also have alot of spots to scout out for next season,some new spots and old spots that could use a closer look.I am going to put up more stands for next year as I got company coming over for a hunt"NUBO".I really look forward to just getting out in the great out doors to hunt and scout,thats where i'd rather be then work
Good luck with the scouting adams,hope you find that "SWEAT" spot for next year
And good luck to everyone who is still hunting
Old 12-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, i've got until the 15th of january to hunt. But I do enjoy scouting almost as much hunting.
speaking of yards, at the cabin every time we come out of the woods there are deer standing in our yard/alfalfa field. It might be time for a change of plans.