Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3 years 3 young bucks >

3 years 3 young bucks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3 years 3 young bucks

Old 12-09-2004, 12:53 PM

Default 3 years 3 young bucks

driving out to the farm this morning and there's a young 8 pt buck laying dead in the ditch with an arrow sticking out of his gut. i mean 5 feet from the road. this is the third young buck that i have found in the last three years that was hit with an arrow and obviously not recovered by the hunter. shot placement on two (including todays find) was terrible both in the gut behind the lungs. the other i found 2 yrs ago had been devoured by coyotes and the only thing left was his head, bones and the broadhead that did him in.
i've got alot of problems with this situation and it really pi$$es me off. first off all three would score under 120 and i live in illinois so whats the point in taking these deer. second, one of the bucks was found about 200 yrds from the stand i believe he was shot out of, why the hell aren't these guys trying just a little bit harder to recover their deer? and third like i said before 2 if not all 3 were terrible shots way outside the vitals area, the buck this morning was facing (1/8 turned) whoever shot him because the arrow enters just about where the lungs end and it angles into the gut.
all i can say is anyone out there who hunts this sloppily, GIVE IT UP!!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 3 years 3 young bucks

I know your just venting but why post this here for the world to read about sloppy bowhunters....? Your preaching to the chior. In every aspect of life, there are those who don't belong but publically posting it here isn't going to help your situation but it does blacken the eye of bowhunters as a whole pending on who uses the information.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:11 PM

so i should just pretend it didnt happen?
Old 12-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

he didn't say that you should pretend it didn't happen. But one has to wonder what is going to ultimately be accomplished by publishing it here. I have been a long time advocate of not posting these type of threads because of the "propaganda" value they could have in the anti's hands. This kind of thing just gives them ammunition. When they start looking for these type of stories to use for their own efforts it just gives it even more credibility when it comes from the hunters themselves. Although, we know the whole story, that most hunters are responsible and don't do these kind of things, they aren't going to make use of the things that are posted on this site that don't help their case. That was his point. Not that you should pretend it didn't happen just what are solving by posting it here.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

I would like to see the "I wounded one" post gone also!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

he didn't say that you should pretend it didn't happen. But one has to wonder what is going to ultimately be accomplished by publishing it here. I have been a long time advocate of not posting these type of threads because of the "propaganda" value they could have in the anti's hands. This kind of thing just gives them ammunition. When they start looking for these type of stories to use for their own efforts it just gives it even more credibility when it comes from the hunters themselves. Although, we know the whole story, that most hunters are responsible and don't do these kind of things, they aren't going to make use of the things that are posted on this site that don't help their case. That was his point. Not that you should pretend it didn't happen just what are solving by posting it here.
yeah i understood his response. i've seen a lot of things in my life that i didnt care for and the only way to change those things is to bring them to attention, not sweep them under the rug. slob hunters hurt all of us and hopefully someone will keep this in mind the next time they decide to take a poor shot or decide to give up tracking that deer, etc etc etc
Old 12-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

one of the bucks was found about 200 yrds from the stand i believe he was shot out of,
if its on your property looks like it would be very easy to take care of, if its a farm that your hunting with other people, what kind of people are you hunting with?, the reason i ask is that i won't hunt with just anybody, if your trying to trophy hunt everybody needs to be on the same page. if your hunting buddies are going to bowhunt they need to be proficiant (sp) with the bow.
i hunt 3 tracts of property her in bama, one you can kill whatever you want within legal aspects, another place i hunt we have imposed an 8pt16" rule on and the people that hunt this abide or there out, the third place has a 6pt rule, and more does than you want. anyway back to your original post, to me it sound like whoever is doing this is not the same caliber hunter you are and the parties involved need to have a talk. and come to some kind of understanding, best of luck..
Old 12-09-2004, 02:20 PM

their not being shot on our property, 1 was just on our side of the fence and another was near our property laying in the ditch. i practice QDM and ask the same of friends that hunt with me during firearms season, i'm the only one who bowhunts our property.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

driving out to the farm this morning and there's a young 8 pt buck laying dead in the ditch with an arrow sticking out of his gut
Unless there are alot of hunters who use this farm for hunting purposes,you should be able to narrow down to who is doing the shooting.These un-ethical hunters should be taken care of immediately and in person,not on the"World Wide Web"
Old 12-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

just because you would not shoot a 120" buck, does not mean another hunter would wouldnt. as far as recovering the deer, unforseen circumstances may have prevented a quick recovery.

Quick Reply: 3 years 3 young bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.