Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!! >

The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

Old 12-21-2004, 06:06 PM

Default RE: The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

What a shame.
Recently here in South Bend, a duckhunter found two bucks locked together dead in a pond. They must have been sparring and got permanently locked up and somehow ended up in the pond and drowned. Nine point and an eleven point. Darn shame. And to make it even worse, the guy who pulled them out of the pond ended up getting ticketed for having not followed the proper DNR procedure when he kept the racks! Guess he notified the DNR after removing the racks.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Wow that is crazy, who would have thought a buck could die from making a rub...a few years ago my uncles found a big moose that had gotten caught up in a tree and couldn't lift his head up, they said it looked like he was trying to drink from a water puddle or something and his rack got caught up and he starved.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:43 AM

It's God's way of saying, "Ok fella, it's time to reincarnate you into the next higher life form".

Yep, sure is a weird and bad way for that deer and moose to die.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:15 AM

Thanks for all your replies, and thanx Justin for fixing my links. This will be a site I will never forget. You can Imagine the shock to look up the mountian and see a buck just hanging there from a tree. At first I thought it was a fallen tree, but the thought was in the back of my head until I got close enough to confirm it. The tail end was the only thing touching the ground!! I think I said it before, but it took over 30 minutes to get the deer unwedged!! He was in there TIGHT!! The beast is dead, now its time to move on to the one that will move in to take his place as the "boss of the deer woods".
Old 12-24-2004, 03:16 AM

thats terrible, yeah looks like he was rubbin got stuck and freaked
Old 12-24-2004, 03:55 PM

It is to bad that it died like that a true shame
Old 12-24-2004, 07:05 PM

sorry to see bud. i'll take a shot in the dark at 120-130. bigger or smaller i'd take that in a heart beat. good luck, and hope he got to some does before this happened

-Hoyt
Old 12-25-2004, 07:32 PM

U R RIGHT..the deer was rubbing or mayb trying to rub the middle of his head between the antlers. he probably got stuck and lost his footing...after that it was goodnight!!! he may have been alive when the dogs ate on him.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:31 PM

Just my .02 cents but I have to say that he was rubbing the tree, they rub on all sides of a tree and this one just happened to get his tines locked within the other, larger tree. These things happen alot.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:58 PM

Im not so sure that this was a rub ,I spent a little time reviewing the pics, and everything that I have seen looks to be an extreme freak accident or something else .
If you look closley at the pic's you'll start to see what I came up with (Wrong or Right )and I could be wrong!
1. Mature bucks (like the one in the photo)rarley make new rubs , but rather rerub what they rubed in previouse years or rerub trees that subordinate bucks in thier territory have rubed (saplings smaler trees ) rubs on larger trees are due to years of use, this is seen by the layers of scaring of bark .None of the pics show any sign of prevoiuse rubbing.
2.Pic 1 shows splintering of the wood around the brow tine , as if ther was a single hard inpact rather than rubbing, no where else is ther any splintering present.

3.Pic 2 shows a single inpact marks (above the rack on the tree)of the G1 and G2 tines (no rubbing).Given the center of inpact would be the center of the head or brow tine.

As far as coyotes or any other predator having any thing to do with this is deffinately out of the question.
The damage on the side of the animal was postmortom (after death)and caused more than 2 hours after the animal died,as there was no blood visable on the hide or the tree. As well coyotes will not usualy start to eat in this area of the animal,usualy its the hind quarters or the lower gut area(no bone-easy protien)infact the only time any scaviging animal or preditor will focus on an area that is so well protected by so many bones (ribs in this case) is when an animal has been woonded in this area or its the only area exposed to them (such as an area being exposed by snow.

4.Pic 3- the brisket apears to show blood in a linial line like a knife cut
but no blood any where else , and no sign of hair on the ground around the animal.

I would apreciate any feedback GOOD/BAD please no hard feelings , this is only what i see from the pics.

Quick Reply: The beast is dead..unbelievable pics!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.