Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spooked deer tonight >

Spooked deer tonight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spooked deer tonight

Old 12-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Spooked deer tonight

I was out hunting tonight and I had a doe and two fawns come in. The two fawns were in my food plot and the doe about 2 yards away from the food plot I stood up and I shifted my weight and my knee cracked. The doe looked right at me and soon turned around and left. I was wondering if any thing like this has happened to any one else before.

Thanks-Bobby
Old 12-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spooked deer tonight

She didn,t hear you knee, she saw you move!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL-many times!! An old wise doe will bust you evey time if your not careful.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:55 PM

for some reason I have never been busted by bucks, only those damn does. Its happened 3 times this season, and the bucks have no clue I am there.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I can't say a buck has never busted me, because even if they only act funny or stomp one time that will keep the big boy away. However, I have signed many of death warrants out for the darn Doe that won't leave me alone, ie head bobbing and weaveing while the little ones eat. There is one still living (with a soft ball size white spot) out there though had I seen her for the third time she would have been ear tagged down at the butchers.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:41 AM

I had my buck this year come up within 15+ or - yds, and in open *NOTHING in the way to block vision* I turned, grabbed my bow, drew back, and let him have it all with him facing right at me, (except for the time of the shot he was perfectly broadside) He never spooked, just got dbl lng'ed by my arrow!

Now I had a doe this past saturday bust me when I turned to aim my gun (I was in my climber and the seat made some sort of sound) so she jumped the fence and took right off, but the older momma doe jumped the fence and her back legs never hit the ground... she never spooked...

Only 2 bucks spooked, countless does spooked...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 AM

Them does will get you all the time (well not always but you know what I mean).

The does in my area are on high alert. Anything will spook them especially this time of year.

Despite what Motown says she easily could have heard your knee crack (I dont know how he could say that without being there but......)

My buddy grabbed his bow last weekend to let a buck have it and when he grabbed his bow the leather gloves he was wearing (first and last time he wore them) made a sound when he grabbed his bow to take it off the hook. The deer stopped dead in its tracks, knew something was up and turned around and quickly left the area. Didnt take off in a run just knew that sound was out of place and left.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:20 AM

For the guy that have never been busted by a buck, I beg to differ. I wonder how many bucks have busted you with their nose and you never got a look at them.

Does by their nature are more visiable where as a buck won't show if his nose tells him somethings up.

Just my observations.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's only happened to me 7,438 times! Yes they are jittery creatures aren't they? It amazes me sometimes how the heck they bust you. Just the other day I climbed out of my stand, hit the ground and look through about 70 yards of woods and see 3 does in the soybean field. Probably 120 yards or so away from me. They were walking slowly towards another batch of woods so I decided I'd crouch there and wait for them to clear before I head out. I went to take 2 steps closer to the edge of the woods to get out of some brushy crap i was in. Wind was in my face, tons of cover between me and them, 4 inches of quiet wet snow on the ground, and I look up to see 3 whitetails hopping about the other way.[:-]

I agree with Adams about the bucks. You probably don't know about half the bucks that know of you before you know of them.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Despite what flipper says she saw you move.

Quick Reply: Spooked deer tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.