Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who here strictly bowhunts? >

Who here strictly bowhunts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who here strictly bowhunts?

Old 01-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who here strictly bowhunts?

/raises hand

I bowhunt only.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 PM

anybody can shoot a deer with a gun. Guns a for waterfowl and when sombody trys to break in your house. Put some fun in to it sling a arrow

shoot straight and hit hard
Old 01-09-2005, 04:28 PM

I also strictly bow hunt. I took 2 does this past season and had to let a nice 8 walk due to a few limbs in the way. I shoot a outback and would not dream of hunting with anything else ( gun).
Old 01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Bow only for deer. I am not about to lose my arrows at doves yet.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:07 PM

Yes indeed, strictly bowhunt! Like most on this thread, the passion bow hunting brings is about skill and knowledge of whitetails and there habitat!

Like pro hunter Greg Miller, [proven whitetail tactics], great book, the passion and his preference is the bow and arrow. Adding taking only mature bucks, you have all the work and skills at your own ability. To take consistently mature bucks with a bow is the ultimate challenge few will ever experience! Most will never achieve this because of the tremendous personal challenge, skill mature whitetails command.

First thing needed, is to find where there are! There bedding grounds and time. They are out there and indeed on public land.

The high tech bows cannot get much better than they are today! It comes down to you, own dedication and persistent attitude with support of family and friends.

My own consideration, outside of a bow and 3rd year not being able to ambush one particular BIG tropy buck is the thought of getting Big Boy next season with a one shot black powder Knight Revolution. However, it just would not make me feel the same as if I got him with my Conquest 3.

I could not place an accurate number of whitetails that may have been put in the freezer with a firearm. But I know of one I did over twenty years ago. Since then, it has been just me and my bow. We all need to share this sport of the bowhunt with a new archer each and every year. Sponsor a fellow co-worker and his son, daughter on your next hunt. Set them up, teach them the sport of archery and the challenge it offers.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:23 AM

99% bow hunt only the last 4 years - the only not bow hunt was last year late muzzleloader season for one day. Did manage to get a nice 8 point withe muzzleloader but the feeling just wasn't the same as it is when you get that big boy under your stand with a bow as your weapon.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Strictly bowhunting, this will be my first spring hunting turkeys with a bow.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:50 PM

started with a rifle then discovered true love (my bow) 10 years now. The only animal i have shot with a rifle in ten years was a buffalo.
and the only reason i used a rifle is because its been in my family for many years and no one has never taken a buffalo with it. My next buffalo will be with my bow. My buddies used bows and had no problems.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Approx. 99% bowhunting only for deer. This year, 3 of the 6 deer I have taken were killed during various gun seasons using my bow.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am not about to lose my arrows at doves yet.
Coug, funny you say that. At our local 3d shoot, they have a target with 5 doves sitting on limbs that they use for the 2 day tourny shoot. Talk about a fun target, kill zone is about 2" in diameter if that. They always have it as the last target right by the area where everybody eats, so there is usually people there watching me miss them blasted things!!

Quick Reply: Who here strictly bowhunts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.