HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who here strictly bowhunts? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/81758-who-here-strictly-bowhunts.html)

buckeye 12-07-2004 10:18 AM

Who here strictly bowhunts?

I would like to see who here only bowhunts.

I have a feeling theres quite a few:)

sho-me_bhntr 12-07-2004 10:21 AM

RE: Who here strictly bowhunts?

i strickly bowhunt. well, i hunt during gun season, but use my bow. are you still considering that strickly bowhunting?

adams 12-07-2004 10:23 AM

Next season I will be completely bow. I picked up a gun on two days this year and very much disliked the results.

I chatted with my old man and he could care less what I hunt with. When we get together I'll have my bow in hand.

snowman69 12-07-2004 10:24 AM

bowhunting is my number 1 passion but I do like to go hunting with rifle with my father its kind of a family thing. and if I don't get one in the couple of days when we go out its back to hunting with my bow. he usually tags out in muzzleloader season and during that time I carry my bow when we go out together.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-07-2004 10:25 AM

For deer, 95% bowhunter, I have taken my bow during rifle season but I have also carried my rifle but usually don't need to.:D I turkey hunt with both, shotgun and bow and both are very rewarding. I have also carried my bow during late flintlock season but I have in turn carried my flintlock.....but I favor the bow in all applications.

buckeye 12-07-2004 10:25 AM

i strickly bowhunt. well, i hunt during gun season, but use my bow. are you still considering that strickly bowhunting?
Works for me:)

Flipout 12-07-2004 10:50 AM

I have only hunted with a gun about 4 times. That was actually my first exposure to hunting. I never hunted with a bow before then so I had nothing to compare it with. Once I picked up the bow, I was truly hooked.

I live in Suffolk County NY and it is bow only except for like a two week shot gun season in December (I don't usually go as it is weekdays only).

I am strictly a bow hunter at this point. I haven't ventured upstate for rifle season in over 5 years. (the only thing I miss is the experience of being away from home and the comradarie)

There's nothing like bowhunting though IMHO.

Greg / MO 12-07-2004 11:00 AM

Count me as another one. I had a real nice Remington Model 7400 calibered for 30-06 that only had a handful of shots fired through it, and I ended up selling it about four years ago because I knew I'd never go in the deer woods with anything but a bow again.

RTA47 12-07-2004 11:02 AM

I have been strickly bowhunting more than 20yrs.

dkeener 12-07-2004 11:16 AM

I strictly bowhunt. Next year I hope to take 4 deer in IN and MI by 4 different ways - recurve, longbow, compound and crossbow. Lofty goal but possible.