Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats next

Old 12-07-2004, 08:49 AM

Default whats next

well for me deer season is over until next september, I don't know about the rest of you but what I was wondering after the trails and errors of this deer season what plans or changes does everyone plan on making. To there hunting tactics gear anything that they have made mental notes durning this year to do for next year. personally I would like to try some still hunting(spot and stalk) for the first few weeks of the season and maybe try a decoy. Or maybe set up some ground blinds in a few diferent locations.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:23 AM

Default RE: whats next

Well, hopefully I go to the college in Montreat, N.C. and I'll try my first hand season at rifle hunting!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:02 AM

Default RE: whats next

I was lucky enough to get access to my neighbors property across the street from my 54 acres. His property borders upto a large farm that is posted and he clued me into some big bucks he'd seen. I haven't wanted to deviate from my original game plan but plan to get in there after the season ends and do some scouting. From what I can tell from ariel photos it looks like there are some good bedding areas that I'd like to tromp through and hopefull pick up a few sheds.

For gear I'd pretty happy. I've been thinking about winners choice strings and cables though. I'll have to wait and see when it's time to replace them.