Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you carry in that Backpack?? >

What do you carry in that Backpack??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you carry in that Backpack??

Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you carry in that Backpack??

I carry a back pack and I carry

EZ Hanger
Screw In Step
Limb Saw
GPS
Flash Light
Reslease
Back Up Release
Wind Check Bottle
Can Call
Grunt Tube
Pull Up Rope
Safety Harness
Toboggan
Hot Hands
Radios
Back Up Batteries
Bottle of Water
Compass x 2
Knife
Binoculars
Old 12-07-2004, 09:49 AM

It really depends on the day. I have got to the point where I just carry my bow and go. If I need anything in my pack it is not that far to walk to the truck....
Old 12-07-2004, 10:10 AM

I carry both a backpack and a small hip sack, in the backpack I carry extra gloves snack,water rattling antlers, extra socks and a extra dry layer of clothes,flashlight assortment of tools(tools in case need to make repairs or adjustments to bow etc.) also I carry my field dressing gear. in my hip sack I carry an assortment of sents,drag line,extra calls,torsal glands(real or manufactured I always cut the torsal glands off my rutting bucks and hot does and freeze them and use them with my drag line or hang them in a tree of a rub or anywhere near whear I sit). a small saw and clippers to cut shooting lanes. this is my what I usually carry when I hunt I 99% of the time go out all day sit in the morning still hunt during the afternoon and sit again in the evening. I pack alot lighter if I only go to sit in the morning or evening. wow sounds like alto when I tyoe it out.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 AM

Rattling Bag, Grunt Call, CAN, Scents, Saw (folding), Knife, Hat, Gloves, Tracking Tape, Cell Phone....etc.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

I like the fanny pack myself due to using a climber. I carry utility rope, head lamp, snips, folding saw, compass, bright eyes, orange ribbon, grunt tube, can call, small binoculars, powder wind checker, small knife, bow buddies (for holding bow and fanny pack once in tree). I also grab a 20 oz soda to take with me while im in the woods which also comes in handing for a piss bottle. my gutting knives and other after the kill goods are in the truck. I just carry the basic stuff that I would use to get in the tree, while in the tree and for after the shot.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Backpac for me!

Bino's
Rangefinder
Grunt tube
The 'Can"
Hoist line
Video Camera
Small Knife

Late Season also Includes
Gloves...2 pairs!
Neck Gator
Extra hat

Pac in one hand, bow in the other and a stand on my back!!!!!!!C-ya!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:21 PM

Backpack for me.
I carry,
extra release
folding saw
extra knife
pelvic bone saw
gloves
extra hand warmers
extra head cover
scents
bottle of scent eliminator
extra bow hooks
sometimes a snack or two
grunt tube
can call
extra grunt tube(in case I drop the first one)
extra rope
saftey harness
extra tree step or two
sunglasses
face paint
extra gear rope(in case the one on my stand is broken or the wind has swung it way up into a tree)
rain poncho
and last but most important if I'm going to be on stand all day,
a 2 liter of nice cold Diet Pepsi and a bottle of equal size to hold it after it's gone thru me!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

I’m a backpack hunter. I carry a lot of said mentioned stuff. Backpacks are nice in the sense that while walking into your location, you can (and some backpacks have great features for this) synch the last few outer layers of clothing to them. This is huge when you’re walking far and steep terrain to your location. Backpacks come in all sizes and IMO most hunters go overkill on size. As many have made mention of, being bogged down with gear is a concern. Big backpacks allow you to carry more “stuff” than you’ll ever need and we don't usually have a problem filling voids. I found a nice pack sold from Cabelas (with there name on it) that is on the small side of the spectrum. I actually feared it was too small when it arrived but now that I’ve had the chance to use it for two seasons I think it’s perfect. The hydration bladder is a great feature and makes for easy, out of the way storage of the all important water. Several compartments make for easy access to the item your after. And lets face it a backpack is a lot more comfortable to carry around than a fanny pack. I never had a high quality fanny pack so maybe that is why I dislike them.

O and lastly! Doesn’t anyone go a field toting a roll of the oh so important T.P.[8D] (Or even better yet several sheets of the blue shop towels that serve many purposes)
Old 12-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Holy moly!

Look at all that "stuff". You guys carry lot's of stuff.

I just started using an Outhouse blind this year and leave it set up since the first day of the season. I have started using the bag it comes in to carry some "stuff" back and forth from there. I use the blind kind of like a base camp really. When the weather is so nasty I'd stay home otherwise I hunt out of it.

Inside the blind I leave a climbing treestand, travel coffen mug, chair and a set of shooting sticks like Varmint Al makes.

I somtimes use the bag from the blind instead of loading and unloading pockets and carry a thermos and extra sweat shirt, sandwich, maybe some Mtn Dew. Carry out what ever needs to go back in it.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:47 AM

I carry paper towels in the pocket of my bibs for the TP.
That way I don't get half way thru my "business" and notice it hanging in the tree in my backpack!
Paper towels are multi purpose.

Quick Reply: What do you carry in that Backpack??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.