Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker bisket

Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 PM

Default whisker bisket

does anybody use a whisker bisket and how do you like it? I've had problems with my arrow falling off my rest.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker bisket

where do i start! the WB is an awesome rest. there were complaints about the rest with fletching with the first models but newer bristles in the B2 bisquits virtually eliminated the problem. if you get it have it installed by your proshop if you have not installed a rest before. some people blame fletching wear and poor arrow flight on the rest where 99 out of 100 times the rest was not installed properly [this is not a statistic or anything just a personal opinion i have come to after hearing problems with the "rest"] . i would get the Quickshot model it is a major convience.

you should also try and do a search on the rest numerous topics can be found on the rest.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:01 PM

I too have a whisker bisket and love it. I have had no problems what so ever. As ShootemUp has stated, make sure it is properly installed and aligned. Check your arrow through paper to make sure it is tracking right, adjust accordingly then enjoy it. No more falling off the rest. Get a good silicon spray lube and keep it sprayed down and this will help keep the fletching from wearing quicker when shooting a lot. make sure you spray it a few days a head of time before heading into the woods as well. SOme sprays do leave a smell for several hours.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/ARROWRESTS.html
This should help you out a bit.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:48 PM

I had to be sold on the WB from my proshop at first, but once I started using it I loved it. It is so nice not to have to worry about that arrow coming of when your watching the deer and reaching for the bow at the same time, or starting to draw back and the arrow falls off. Absolutly not a problem with the WB.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

I agree as well. It's a good choice for bowhunting. When the bow's properly tuned (as suggested here), there's virtually no adverse impact on flight. I have the old model and trimed some whiskers off the back. I've shot probably 1000 arrows through it and taken five bucks. All shots were pass-through, ranging from 10 to 35 yards.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:03 PM

I love it, it eliminates the accidental clattering of your arrow when you shift positions or ready yourself for the shot. I have an older compound and I tried 3 different rests (I'm a cheapskate when it comes to some things...) After trying them, and realizing that they were costing me WAY more than a WB because I had to keep paying to refletch my arrows, I finally broke down an bought one.

It helps me out a ton especially because I am new bowhunter and it makes me have to think about one less thing when I am preparing for a shot. It also improved my accuracy because it ensures that your flights aren't scraping on anything, once I put my WB on (I got a quickshot also, once again, less time involved and less to think about), my arrows stayed in A-ok condition and I started hitting the target a LOT more! LOL It may cost a little more, but it sure is worth it.

For what it's worth, Wal-Mart is the cheapest place I have found that carries it. I got mine for $32, and they wanted $40 at Gander Mountain, and $60 () at our local archery range/supplier. If you haven't mounted a rest, get it done professionally, they only charge a few dollars and it's well worth the peace of mind. We did it ourselves and then had the pro's check it out to make sure it was installed properly, they didn't charge us for that and it was right on.

BUY ONE!!! You won't regret it.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:52 PM

I have a Matthews Outback with a whisker biscuit and I absolutely love it. I won't use any other type of rest.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use it, it's perfectly tuned, and I love it!

No warping of the fletchings no crazy flight, no loud sounds. Just a awesome rest with no worries of a falling arrow!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:48 PM

I have been wishing for one. My successful bowhunting buddies are telling me to stay away from them, saying they affect flight on 30 plus yard shots. After reading all these posts, I'm about to try one. Thanks

Quick Reply: whisker bisket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.