HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whisker bisket
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: whisker bisket

I love it, it eliminates the accidental clattering of your arrow when you shift positions or ready yourself for the shot. I have an older compound and I tried 3 different rests (I'm a cheapskate when it comes to some things...) After trying them, and realizing that they were costing me WAY more than a WB because I had to keep paying to refletch my arrows, I finally broke down an bought one.

It helps me out a ton especially because I am new bowhunter and it makes me have to think about one less thing when I am preparing for a shot. It also improved my accuracy because it ensures that your flights aren't scraping on anything, once I put my WB on (I got a quickshot also, once again, less time involved and less to think about), my arrows stayed in A-ok condition and I started hitting the target a LOT more! LOL It may cost a little more, but it sure is worth it.

For what it's worth, Wal-Mart is the cheapest place I have found that carries it. I got mine for $32, and they wanted $40 at Gander Mountain, and $60 () at our local archery range/supplier. If you haven't mounted a rest, get it done professionally, they only charge a few dollars and it's well worth the peace of mind. We did it ourselves and then had the pro's check it out to make sure it was installed properly, they didn't charge us for that and it was right on.

BUY ONE!!! You won't regret it.