Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deleted due to misinformation >

deleted due to misinformation

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deleted due to misinformation

Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: Ohio's new state record dethroned 2 days later by pending world record!!!

this is pending texas state record, killed 5 mile from my deer lease on low fenced area. great deer taken in the texas panhandle

Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: Ohio's new state record dethroned 2 days later by pending world record!!!

another pic

Old 11-24-2004, 01:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is with the black face covering ? Government hit man?????????????
Nice bucks
Old 11-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great Bucks...Doubtful of any records though.. They couldn't have been "officially" measured they haven't been dead long enough to have been through the drying period.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:43 AM

this is pending texas state record, killed 5 mile from my deer lease on low fenced area.
Just curious what a low fenced area is? Would this just be like private property with say a 4ft tall chain link fence? Just enough to keep people out but low enough the deer can move freely. I've just never heard of the term. "Outclosure" I've herd of but never a property refered to as "low fence".
Old 11-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Adams A low-fence is a common term in outfitted hunts. Generally a short fence to border the property but not hinder game movement from place to place.

Sometimes the "fence" is just the border line with no actual fence.

This is just from my limited expirience.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:34 AM

If someone actually shot a monster like in the second pic, why cut the rack off? The skull is very white too, like it's already been bleached or something.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

There's been some bad info going around. The deer in the second picture doesn't score 219" typical. According to a post (on another site) from a fellow who scored the rack (unofficial), that deer scores aound 200" typical, or 220" non-typical. World class, but not world record. Pictures of the "supposed" new potential record have not been released, from what I understand.
Jetblast, the rack is cut off because that's how we mount them on the form for taxidermy. It looks white because ALL of the meat and tissue must be removed. Nothing left but bone.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

delete