Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My buddy's Oklahoma monster!! >

My buddy's Oklahoma monster!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddy's Oklahoma monster!!

Old 11-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default My buddy's Oklahoma monster!!

My buddy shot this deer just last Friday, the day before rifle season started. He set out to hunt all day in the stand. Around 8 am he caught site of an 115" 10 point that he had to hold back on. He said it presented a 30 yard shot, but decided to pass him. The day was getting long before a doe suddenly caught his attention at 11:05 am. She was running hard with her mouth gaped open and running short on breath. My buddy, knowing something was right on her tail, got up and drew to full draw expecting something nice to come up. Sure enough, there he was, right behind a huge cedar. All he could see was massive bases and he stood tall off his head. He held at full draw still waiting for a good shot. He caught a glance of the doe to his side, she caught wind of him and took off. The buck threw his head up paying attention to the doe's every move. My buddy knew it was know or never, the buck was going to bolt following the doe and his chance would be over. The buck was facing him exposing the base of his neck and shoulder in a hole the size of a coffee can through the big cedar. Just before the buck took off after the doe, he released, the gold tip arrow tipped with a 100 gr. spitfire found its mark, going fletching deep. It hit the crease where the shoulder and neck meet. He saw instant blood as the big buck barrelled off into cover. At this point he still hasn't seen what exactly he has shot, just knowing it is massive and tall. With a little help from his dad, they followed a short and easy 30 yard bloodtrail leading to the monster. The arrow cut the juggler and put 1" slice down the top of the heart. It ended up green scoring 196" gross and 189 1/8 net, making it the biggest ever killed in Canadian County, and if the the score stands, it will be the 6th biggest deer killed in Oklahoma with a bow. He has been chasing my 168" deer for the last 6 years and finally got me. This is his 2nd pope and young in 3 years, he shot another pope and young last year that we never found, and his dad ended up shooting it 3 weeks later. If he would have killed that one last year, that would make 3 pope's in 3 years. What an amazing hunt! That just goes to show you, if you put long hours and persistence in the stand it pays off. He was shooting a High Country Carbon Force.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My buddy's Oklahoma monster!!

dang thats nice, tell your buddy way to go
Old 11-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I cha MOMMA,NICE
Old 11-22-2004, 01:09 AM

My God, that buck's huge. Congrats to your bud.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My goodness, I guess he IS a monster!

Great great deer! That will be very hard to top.

Congratulations to your friend!!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

What a beast!
Old 11-22-2004, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW! that's one awsome buck he's absolutely massive in the beam ,boy would i ever like to have one like that on my wall .Congrat's to your buddy and remind him just how lucky he is to have a mount like that .Most hunter's go a lifetime without ever getting a buck like that .WOW

nubo
Old 11-22-2004, 07:04 AM

WOW!!! What an awesome buck!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

WOW! that's one awsome buck he's absolutely massive in the beam
Ya, I forgot to note that this deer has a 7" base on one side and the other is 6 5/8" on the other. If you score him just as a typical main frame 8, he grosses 151. He is just a hog of a deer.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Incredible deer - really is. Character from hell - mass, tine lengths ........... super deer and to a guy that sounds like puts in his time.

How old was the deer ? Really would be neat to know - and how big was the body ? Wow !

Quick Reply: My buddy's Oklahoma monster!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.