Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Sit/climb dissappointment! >

Lone Wolf Sit/climb dissappointment!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit/climb dissappointment!

Old 11-22-2004, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit/climb dissappointment!

I had a lone wolf stand, took it back for the squeaks and the uncomfortableness of the thing, I know use 2 API grand slam supremes amazingly quiet, easy to pack, large variety of tree sizes I can use them on. I love them. My o2 worth anyway.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:55 PM

I have used The Lone Wolf sit and climb model for the last two years. I purchased a Summit Viper a couple of weeks ago and now after using both, the Lone Wolf is for sale. In my opinion both are quiet and grip the tree well but for me the Summit is much more comfortable.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:22 PM

1 word- SUMMIT. Its lite, quiet, very comfortable, rock solid, etc...
Bought one this fall and its the best $$$ ever spent on a stand
Old 11-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm glad I went with a summit Goliath. When I was sitting in my tree comfortably for 8 hours yesterday it came to me why would I want to pay $100 more for a lone wolf that isn't that isn't comfortable. I've seen this complaint on several sites. I haven't had a problem with the summit catching on stuff ,when I pack it in.

With The Summit seat I can stand dierectly next to the tree.

I've said before I don't know how much more silent the lone wolf can be going up the tree because I don't make any noise.

but if you pay attention to their advertising.
If I payed attention to advertising I'd be shooting a Mathews too.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lone wolf service is great, I ordered a new sit and climb (top part) of stand to allow more comfort and safety (the alpha climber top has no front rail) for Gun season. Ordered it Thursday, they immediatley e-mailed me back saying the cushion seats were on back order. I said I need it by Weds at the latest as I am going to use it for Gun season and will leave for camp thursday night. I recieved it yesterday.
Now I have both the sit and climb and the hand climber. I couldn't be happier with my choice of lone wolf. Now if they'd have just sent me a free hat and/or shirt (hint hint) I'd be their best ambassador.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out the Loggy Bayou Illusion. I've got two Loggy climbers and a summit. Summit Bushmaster is my favorite bowhunting rig (no frills, easy to climb, quick setup, fairly light). Loggy Quickdraw is best for rifle (most comfortable and has a front rail, but heavy and long setup time). My old loggy climber is best for long-range walking (10 lbs), but that involves hugging the tree and gettin sweaty.

I plan on trying out one of these Illusion stands - looks like a real winner - they fixed all the Quickdraw's problems.

Another good one looks like Innovative Treestand Company's RECLUSE. Looks like an awesome bowhunting stand. Really slim profile, and WIDE. Folds down, packs light.

I've got champagne taste and beer money.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

Don't forget the Summit Bullet Backpacker.. it's basically a Viper X4 that folds flat. Very easy to use and setup.

Summit Viper

Summit Goliath (wider version of the Viper)

Another one that you might check out is the Ameristep Non Typical climber... it's a tad wider on the top section than the Summit Goliath.. and has alot of nice features for a good price ($219 at Gander Mtn)..