Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got my first bow kill >

I got my first bow kill

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got my first bow kill

Old 11-21-2004, 03:12 PM

Default RE: I got my first bow kill

is that the best picture you have ? ugghh
Damn you could be a little more considerate!!!!!!!!![:@] Some people do have feelings you know! No I guess you wouldn't know that since responded to her post the way you did now would you. You need too be more respectful of how someone feels before opening your mouth.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:13 PM

Young Buck 76

I told the poster congrats on the first bowkill and I meant it.

I also meant the picture is terrible. It is ! Look at the top of the Bowhunting pages - 6 pages of take quality photos of your trophies (yes, this deer is one of THE best trophies). Hanging by the hind legs, gut split open isn't a good picture - it just isn't, and if you don't see that tough. Feelings have nothing to do with it - if they did I might be crying 'cause you hurt mine - right ?

Again - first bowkills are some of the best - so are quality photos.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:52 AM

I also meant the picture is terrible. It is ! Look at the top of the Bowhunting pages - 6 pages of take quality photos of your trophies (yes, this deer is one of THE best trophies). Hanging by the hind legs, gut split open isn't a good picture - it just isn't, and if you don't see that tough. Feelings have nothing to do with it - if they did I might be crying 'cause you hurt mine - right ?
tyty YB

Interesting response Stealthycat...Sorry if my picture offends you....I've seen scenes like this since before I could walk. My Dad was one of the game wardens who began the deer population program in Ohio. We lived on a game farm with deer around me since I was born.
There is no blood or guts in this picture. It is part of the process of butchering. It doesn't dishonor the deer to take a picture of it like this. If you look at most of the deer camp pics, or any hunting camping pics they look like this.
But, since you want another pic....here ya go....although...I was afraid this might offend the P.E.T.R. (People for Ethical Treatment of Rednecks)

Old 11-22-2004, 07:02 AM

Congrats sunset! Taking a deer IMO is a completely diffrent experience then hunting with a gun. Now you and most of the rest of us are hooked in a bad way.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

sunset - LOL !!

No, it doesn't at all offend me (the picture). I just think field photots capture the essence of the hunt and will always be a rememberance. I don't always get good pictures either - but I make it a point to if at all possible. Could you not have taken a picture of the deer with you holding it some way with your bow next to it ? Even in the shop where this photo was taken it would have looked better.

Again, congrats on the first kill and good luck in the future (hunting and photos )
Old 11-22-2004, 07:45 AM

Stealthycat....I will try to get a field pic with my bow next time. I do see your point. I've been more of a meat hunter than a trophy hunter all of my life.
I was alone when I took this pic. I had gutted it and hung it up. I wasn't thinking of it being a big deal to be in the pic.
Thanks
Old 11-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

sunset - This bowkill WAS a trophy and heck yeah, we'd all like to see the happy hunter in the picture with her trophy !

One of the neatest things I've seen is a plastic piece that the camera attaches to. Using 3 arrows from your quiver, it creates a tripod and you can set the camera to delay and take field photos solo.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:16 AM

cool on the plastic piece....if you find out what the name of it is...let me know
I usually hunt alone, especially now that I bow hunt. No one in my family bow hunts, yet....hope my daughters take it up.
here's a pic of me (happy hunter) in camo.....best i can do for now

Old 11-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats sunset!!!!!

(Nice pic too. J/K)

You sure your weapon of choice on this one wasn't your van?

First bow kill is always a cool thing, (and FYI - everyone after that is just as exciting!) Way to go.

BTW, I've had several bucks stop dead in their tracks, turn and come in on my scent trail I left - great pee! (They were all little, but it worked on them, just waiting for the big boy to cruise on through.)
Old 11-22-2004, 06:49 PM

Nice job way to go!!!!!!!!!! I rememebr my first bow kill, me and a buddy got within sight distance of eachother and 3 does came down a revine, he watched me stand, aim, fire. We climbed down and the doe fell right where she stood, I hit her in the spine..lol. We even got to pet her before we had to put her down. I wish the shot would have been cleaner but hey, I got her and she didnt suffer much.

Quick Reply: I got my first bow kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.