Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 will some of you tell me some good feeds and attrants for deer hunting >

will some of you tell me some good feeds and attrants for deer hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will some of you tell me some good feeds and attrants for deer hunting

Old 11-17-2004, 04:06 PM

Default will some of you tell me some good feeds and attrants for deer hunting

well i have tryed a lot of stuff to try to attrant deer but some stuff has worked some has'nt can i know some of the stuffed you used that works good
Old 11-17-2004, 04:44 PM

Default RE: will some of you tell me some good feeds and attrants for deer hunting

WHere ya from,I use a feed it comes in 50 lb bag and does'nt last a day before it's gone.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: will some of you tell me some good feeds and attrants for deer hunting

Corn, Apples, Horse food, pumkins, squash. Mostly I use corn or the horse food. The horse food has molasas so they can smell it but once they know its around the corn works just as well.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Down here in the South, deer love rice bran and soybeans. I've put out rice bran, soybeans and corn in seperate piles to see which they prefer and the deer always eat the rice bran first followed by the soybeans and then the corn. It is a thrill to watch them eat the rice bran because it is in powder form. The bran is about 18% protein and about 25% fat. I've been using this feed for about six years now and I don't use anything else. There are several companies that sell rice bran, but for a hefty price. I get mine directly from a rice mill for about $3.50/100lbs. These companies are making a fortune by selling it for $25/25lbs. Its amazing what hunters will pay.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Depends where you live. I know here in Wisconsin the deer have seemed to acquire a taste for Beer, Brats and cheese.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:05 AM

well i am down here in oklahoma and i have found that deer corn works good but let me tell i have used buck crub and a feed called buck ola and that stuff works ok but i want to find something that works great well thx for the info well bye