Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the sense??? >

What's the sense???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the sense???

Old 11-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default What's the sense???

What is the sense of it all anymore? I am so freaking PISSED right now!!! Woke up this morning felt good about things. Calm wind and 20 degrees out. Been really picking up the last few days around here!! I was in a great mood and couldn't wait to get out in the woods.
So I head out nice and early and get to my stand where I'm pretty sure I have big boy figured out and it's a matter of time now. Get all settled in and finally daylight breaks. As it breaks more, I notice something at the edge of the corn field I'm hunting over! OH SH*& that looks like a gutpile.[:@] get the binocs out and sure enough right next to a scrape laid the guts. The thing about it is I hunted that stand last night and left at dark. Went back there this morning in the dark!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I hopped down from my stand and took a quick glance at it and just shook my head. Packed it in for the day I was so disgusted. First time in my life I had 0 desire to hunt.
So I guess I'm wondering after the way this season is going....why? What's the point these days? There are so many lowlife scum slobs out there that you can't even hunt anymore!!!! What the heck is the world coming to. Started out this spring with 8 ladder stands stolen 3 days before opening day of bowseason!!! Great way to start ...nice fellow hunters. Caught 2 trespassers so far. Had someone come cut a huge swail lot on my land for some reason that was a primary bedding area for them. a 4 wheeler last weekend zinging up and down the fields on my land. And despite all that I hunt through it and have a good chance of harvesting one of the bigger bucks I've seen around my land and he gets poached!!!!![:@][:@] What the hell is the sense anymore?

needed to vent sorry. wish i could say i feel better now, but to be honest I feel like puking.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's the sense???

Come on down, you can hunt with me if you want.

I'd be in the same mood as you right now if all of that had happened to me. In fact I'd proably be at Mahagony ridge venting.

What the hell is with people? You think it might have been an alien abduction.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yea it is getting rough around here in Pa also.The need for some of these guys for bragging rights and the combination of a lower deer herd has driven guys to the edge. It seems like it has become a big game and all that loose are coined as loosers and bad hunters. Last month when it was full moon there was trucks parked where they normally park to hunt,but like at 3 and 4 am. The Northeast is going thru a big change in hunting the past years.Only really one choice and that is move to the open lands elsewhere.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:43 AM

Don't give up on your passion. If you can't think of a reason to go on, then think, if you don't; they win

Don't let those jerks ruin it for you.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:46 AM

There are so many lowlife scum slobs out there that you can't even hunt anymore!!!!
Yup, you can say that again. A lot of people put results over method. Results can be acheived in many ways, poaching is one of them. In my eyes alot of the things people do are unethical and down right illegal in some instances and all in the name of bagging a big buck, hanging a head. For me it's more then that though and I'm guessing because you're also a bow hunter it's the same way for you too.

For me it is as much about method as it is about results. I hold the whitetails I chase in the highest reguards and wouldn't dream of taking an animal by means other then by the rules of fair chase. I believe most bowhunters follow this creed, we use primative weapons as a means of leveling the playing field and get so close to our quarry that in a lot of instances we can hear them breath. This is what it's about for me.

As long as man roams this earth there will be unethical slobs who feel the laws set in place don't apply to them. The way I see it you have two choices. You can let the slobs rob you of what you hold dear and precious or you can rise above them.

Don't let them rob you of your season. Persevere, stay the course and good things are bound to happen. Those that stray over the line will get theirs, it's a fact and a matter of time. Keep doing what you're doing, playing by the rules and standars you set for yourself and you win no matter what.

Get back out there and tag your buck. For all you know it wasn't even the buck you've been hunting.

Adams
Old 11-12-2004, 12:58 PM

Man, you need to crack open an industrial size drum of whip-ass...thats all there is to it.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hang in there buddy, this too will pass. Start prosecuteing those that break the law on your land and the word will soon get out.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope you contacted DNR and took them to the spot. Guys like these don't stop with one deer. They'll be back out again soon enough. If DNR knows they will watch out for it or maybe even set a trap. Then we could be reading about it soon enough.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:20 PM

Wow I am so sorry to hear a story like this NY Bowhunter. I pray they catch them and prosecute to the fullest....

Quick Reply: What's the sense???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.