Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

My fellow Hunters

Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 AM

Default My fellow Hunters

Sorry i havnt been around much. With work rollin 12+hours a day 7days a week i havnt be online much. I have read ad tried to keep up/post when i could but now i am on 2weeks vacation and hope to get alot of hunting in. I will be trying out alot of new stuff i have ordered or gotten over the past month or so. I have a few hog calls (piglette in distress) and TuffTusk scent from razorbackoutfitters.com (bigboar23), as well as a few other tricks from the old timers i am gonna try out. I will also be doing alot of predator hunting as we have a nice selection of bobcats and coyotes runnin around now and they need to be thined down some. I hope to see more of you guys and good luck to all my fellow hunters. -Peace, Lynn
Old 01-15-2006, 02:05 AM

Default RE: My fellow Hunters

You pretty much captured the essence of my hunting with that post.

Most of the time is spent planning, reading magazines and books, viewing the latest movies and TV-shows, ordering new equipment, talking with other about hunting, preparing hunting positions, training the dog, dry practice with the rifles,dreaming....
The actual time spent hunting is nowhere near the time spent on this other stuff. Not that I wuold want to be without it but I´d sure like to hunt more of my hunting time.
That felt good to vent!

Anyway I sincerely hope you have a great time and that you can get out as much as you like in the future. And if you cannot... I at least hope you get enough joy to keep the interest alive and vibrating.

Take a big one will you!
Old 01-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

glad you're getting a break......hope you have a blast...keep us updated
Old 01-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey partner, glad to see you back!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

SHoNUFF, do you hunt the Big Thickets Nat. Res? I see you live in Silsbee, if so, how is the hunting there?
Old 01-15-2006, 03:37 PM

i dont hunt The Big thicket national on a regular basis but i have hunted it as a group hunt before (3of us) and we had a blast. Tons of hogs and saw some nice deer as well. We didnt fill like fighting the public land hunters during deer season so we just went during the off season for hogs and squirel. The hogs are tearing everything up runeing the forest they are paying ppl to get them off. Or at least they were mid last year. We just went down and got our bows broke back in and cut more arrows. this weekend we will hit the lease like mad men and slay all in the path =) i need some meat in the fridge.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree, I try to say away from public hunting land too...it's a lot healthier. I am allergic to lead