Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 incredible HUGE 30 point + non-typical (PICS) >

incredible HUGE 30 point + non-typical (PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

incredible HUGE 30 point + non-typical (PICS)

Old 11-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: incredible HUGE 30 point + non-typical (PICS)

Wow what a ugly beauty ,Love it
Old 11-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's too darn bad that great looking deer wasn't harvested by one of our contestant's .It definetly would have been the talk of the forum for sure.

nubo
Old 11-09-2004, 08:31 PM

Amazing driftwood rack! I wonder how old this boy is?
Old 11-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Spike

thats huge!!!!!! i would s!@# my pants if i seen that thing near my stand
Old 11-09-2004, 08:33 PM

WOW! You say he had a bad back? That is probably from lugging that headset around all year, lol.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:20 PM

That rack is insane. Antlers amaze me sometimes, I just wonder how on earth that they grow in the directions and shapes that they grow in. I was fortunate enough to harvest a beautiful 9 pointer a few years back, and he was simply perfect, with the exception of two tines that had grown together (the character of this "defect" makes him even more perfect to me), but I have always wondered what determines the direction of each tine. He was also forming drop tines, which also amaze me--drop tines are a puzzle to me. How on earth do some deer form them, and others live a long full life, and never even begin to form them?---
Anyway--beautiful animal with tons of character.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

WOW...that is a huge buck, and character galore.

There is one thing that bothers me a little bit though. The beginnning of the story said that it APPEARED that he had a back injury. The deer had however, been able to keep moving, and when approached was able to get to all fours and mount a bit of a defense, even if it was a bit of an aimless one being he ran into the truck instead of his pursuaints. I've seen bucks a couple of different times in my hunting career exhibit this same sort of behavior. Both of the bucks I saw act in this manner I had watched carry on a rather rough and long fight with a worthy opponent. The losing buck, which in both cases were the ones I watched exhibit this behavior, I figured simply so exhausted from their battles were simply too tired to move. In both cases, I returned to the places where I last saw them the next day to find nothing but a bed. Both times however I saw them later on in season, and my dad even managed to get one of in late bow season.
Any of you wonder if perhaps this could have been the case? I mean any deer I've ever seen with a back injury NEVER regained ALL FOUR.....dragging with front two or pushing with back two, but that was it. What's your thoughts?
Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

I wonder if he broke his back fighting with a BIGGER buck...............good lord I would like to see him. That sucks that he went down like that, now I wished that I did not pass on him last week.[8D]..lol.........great deer.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

His back was more than likely broken. I had a dog get hit by a car a year ago. He would get up on all fours and walk for a while then its back legs would give out and he would drag himself for awhile. Xrays showed a fractured spine...Unfortunetely we had to put him down.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:03 AM

WOW!!

Quick Reply: incredible HUGE 30 point + non-typical (PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.