Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Rut signs in NH? >

Any Rut signs in NH?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Rut signs in NH?

Old 11-15-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Any Rut signs in NH?

Just wondering if anyone from NH is seeing signs of Rut action. Seems to be a little slow starting....
Old 11-16-2005, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Any Rut signs in NH?

NH Fish and Game says that next week RUT will be in full force....
Old 11-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Your email gives me reassurance that the rut in Maryland has yet to really get into full swing... From what I've heard, the rut has been very slow in all areas, both in the northern and the mid-atlantic states.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the best is yet to come!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM

I got a six point buck the first morning that was definately in rut. A few articles I read said that it would bea strange year because of the late full moon. A "trickle rut" they called it. I saw plenty of other rubs and scrapes as well.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Here in Southern NH I would say it hasn't really fired off yet. Just within the last 2 days I've been seeing new rubs and scrapes, last year they had been done with that by now and focused on breeding. A good bet would be within a week or soas I can't see it shifting to much, I'd look for a real cold spike to hit and really turn things up.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in NW CheshireCounty and the rut is not really begun. I have seen some small scrapes, but very little rubbing.It lloks like some cold is on the way and Thanksgiving week isgoing tobe the start of it I am sure.

One thing isfor sure - the amount of mast is unreal -all the deer I have seen arewell fed - we need to rut to make them move arounf during the day.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:37 AM

Well, makes me feel better... At least I know I'm not the only one not seeing anything... Small (I mean small) scrape today... Heading back out at 2 till dark. see what happens.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

We've seen very few scrapes and rubs, however another hunter on the same piece of land shot "my" buck (I had him at 20 yards during first week of bowseson, just couldn't get a shot ) and this buck was chasing does when he shot him. 8 pt, about a 20 inch spread, estimated at around 175 lbs. Bummer, wanted one of my boys to get a shot at him!
Old 11-18-2005, 07:20 AM

Well, now it is getting colder at night and during the day... we should start to see more activity... Praying to the RUT Gods I hope it works..

Old 11-18-2005, 07:37 PM

the rut is in full swing here, banged a buck last week over a scrape.bucks are running everwhere .

Quick Reply: Any Rut signs in NH?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.