Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UPDATED -new pics -Another monster in the backyard >

UPDATED -new pics -Another monster in the backyard

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATED -new pics -Another monster in the backyard

Old 11-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default UPDATED -new pics -Another monster in the backyard

Some of you may remember the buck I posted a few weeks back. Take a look at this 10 point!! He was following a doe and wouldn't leave her side. I was on the phone with a customer ( I work out of my house) and had the video camera in the other hand.

Any ideas of what he will score??

Now to the good part. I sent the pictures to my neighbor yesterday afternoon. He's driving home and see's him bedded. About 4:30 I see him belly crawling thru the field in the back. Later on he shows up on my back deck. he missed him at 30 yards, shot right over his back. As he was stalking him, he walked past the 8 point that I posted a few weeks back. I know saw the doe run across the field but not the buck. I have a pretty good idea of where they headed. Ill be checking it out later this morning.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:50 PM

Default RE: Another monster in the backyard

I won't guess a score but he's huge. I honestly don't know how you get any work done.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

adams, it's killing me. This was about 1pm today. I haven't gotten a thing done this afternoon. I was doing everything possible to get off the phone so I could chekc him out.

I keep watching for him to return. Had he gone the opposite way of how he is facing, i would have been sneaking out the front door and down the side yard into a tree line that is behind the house. Normally I wouldn't hunt the deer in my back yard but this is an exception. I live in a suburban community about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh, pa. Behind the pine trees (behind him in the picture) is a house and to the right of the picture is my neighbors house. He pretty much walked thru their back yard. I did go out on my deck as we was leaving with the doe and started grunting at him. He looked but could care less with the doe right there.

My plan of homes was built on an old farm. directly out my back yard is another farm field that was never developed because it was too small. The tree line in the back of my property is a natural funnel that the deer move thru morning and night. There is property about a half mile down the road that I hunt. I'm hoping he wanders thru.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:10 PM

Is that buck a 10 or a 9? I'm only counting 4 points on the one side but I could be wrong.

I would guess around 170 - 175 for a score but I'm not very good at guesstimating so who knows.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

PikeTipper, thanks for the guess. On the right side is about a 2 inch anter about 3 inches from the end of the main beam. You can see it in the first 2 pictures.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, 170 is kinda pushing it if ya ask me. i would say 150's he is a brute but that would make him almost a record for p.a. i think, wouldnt it?
Old 11-04-2004, 02:33 PM

Holy crap! Nice buck! Hope you get him
Old 11-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I'd call it 150" too. Very nice buck. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would also put him in the lower 150's. Great main beam length and spread on him.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

What do you live next to a area that is no hunting ???? If you seen that zimmerman buck shot this year in Rothsville ?? that was 175. And not to belittle the pictured buck,cause it is beautiful. It is nice and wide but looks like it is short as far as mass. Here is a rule to go by. If ii is a 10 Pt with a 20" spread,22 inch beams average tine length and average mass it will be in the 150 range. So I would say that pictured deer is in the 150 range on a good day.

Quick Reply: UPDATED -new pics -Another monster in the backyard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.