HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - UPDATED -new pics -Another monster in the backyard
Old 11-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Pops423
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another monster in the backyard

adams, it's killing me. This was about 1pm today. I haven't gotten a thing done this afternoon. I was doing everything possible to get off the phone so I could chekc him out.

I keep watching for him to return. Had he gone the opposite way of how he is facing, i would have been sneaking out the front door and down the side yard into a tree line that is behind the house. Normally I wouldn't hunt the deer in my back yard but this is an exception. I live in a suburban community about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh, pa. Behind the pine trees (behind him in the picture) is a house and to the right of the picture is my neighbors house. He pretty much walked thru their back yard. I did go out on my deck as we was leaving with the doe and started grunting at him. He looked but could care less with the doe right there.

My plan of homes was built on an old farm. directly out my back yard is another farm field that was never developed because it was too small. The tree line in the back of my property is a natural funnel that the deer move thru morning and night. There is property about a half mile down the road that I hunt. I'm hoping he wanders thru.