Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help on Nocturnal Buck >

Help on Nocturnal Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help on Nocturnal Buck

Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help on Nocturnal Buck

I live In Michigan and I have a nice spot where alot of deer travel in between a spamp and some highland. I see many does a night and I think it's just time before a buck gets on a hot doe and follows her through. But last night I went hunting, and tonight I went a noticed a brand new buck rub right on my trail to my stand about 20 yards away. I know he comes during the night but what can I do to get him out during the day? The rut is beginning very soon and I think it is just time but any little helpers would be great! Good lcuk to everyone! - Buckhunter
Old 11-02-2004, 06:37 PM

Default RE: Help on Nocturnal Buck

I have also tried to hunt these nocturnal bucks..They are very hard to hunt as you can see...I have tried everything from moving my stand deeper on his scrapeline hoping to catch him a bit earlier, to hunting the edge of their bedding grounds with little success...The best result that I can recommend is patience...Yes it sounds simple but if you are like most buck hunters you get all excited and think there is something else you should be doing to get a shot at this buck when the best thing to do is stay in your preselected area (assuming that it is near does and on a good trail) and just let the rut happen and I guarantee he will be their sooner or later if you are willing to put in the time.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckhunter, its mock scrape time! Build a mock scrape at least 10-15 yards from your stand. Every time you go out refreshen it with doe urine and even doe estrous urine. Try to leave this scent in the mock scrape at the same time every hunt. Sooner or later that buck will get the idea, and show himself during your huting light! I have done this, it has worked.

www.hunt-blog.com
Old 11-02-2004, 07:46 PM

buckhunter14 like dukemicheals said its mock scrae time. But instead of putting the scent out you might want to look int0 buying a scrape dripper by wildlife research center for like around 10-20 bucks and they also make a scent called active scarpe t put in the dripper this method is better than pouring it out because the dripper drips daytime only.

Ohio Hunter 88