Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cabelas dont price match! how cheesey!! >

cabelas dont price match! how cheesey!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cabelas dont price match! how cheesey!!

Old 10-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default cabelas dont price match! how cheesey!!

im heading out to cabelas store in pennsy 2 hour ride and when i asked if they would price match some things i found cheaper at bass pro they said no when i called the catalog number. i called the store up in pennsy and they said come on down and we will do the best they can. just think thats stupid and cheesey in this day and age. even DICKS and SPORTS AUTHORITY will match a price. JUST HAD TO VENT[:@]
Old 10-29-2004, 06:16 PM

Default RE: cabelas dont price match! how cheesey!!

Cabela's doesn't usually alter thier prices. They are what they are. I live near one, they are not the cheapest place to get things, but they have a great selection and fairly knowledgable people working there. Plus they back everything they sell with one of the best return policies I have ever seen. Thier customer service is very good. Then again I have never tried to talk them down on anything either.

It's kind of like walmart, you don't take an item to the cash registar and start bickering about the price, they are going to look at you like you are nuts. And the people behind you will not be real thrilled either. They are more like a department store then a pro shop or sporting goods store. They do enough mail order sales they don't need to match prices to get extra sales.

Paul
Old 10-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, they shouldn't. If places price match...what's the point in shopping. If somewhere has a lower price, then dangit buy it there.

Sorry you had the runaround, though.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:40 PM

I could care less about price mathching. their staff knows what they're talking about most of the time, their return policy is next to none, customer service has always been great, i can always find what im looking for, basically what paul said. the cabelas here in town is awesome..i can get everything i need.

slayer
Old 10-29-2004, 07:26 PM

That does suck, I guess cabelas is out to make money and not friends.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:47 PM

Man, I try to do as much local shopping as possible, don't you guys? Sure, I can't always find what I'm looking for and than I will have to go elsewhere, but my money is spent locally. I own a local business and it's important for me to pass the local buck, and it should be important for all. I could care less if I can buy it cheaper out of town, the locals get my dime.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:04 AM

It's kind of like walmart, you don't take an item to the cash registar and start bickering about the price, they are going to look at you like you are nuts. And the people behind you will not be real thrilled either.
just for the record paul Walmart does pricematch
Old 10-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, I try to do as much local shopping as possible, don't you guys? Sure, I can't always find what I'm looking for and than I will have to go elsewhere, but my money is spent locally. I own a local business and it's important for me to pass the local buck, and it should be important for all. I could care less if I can buy it cheaper out of town, the locals get my dime.
i wish everybody felt the same, to quote bobby beuxia(sp) aka the water boys moma "walmarts the devil"
Old 10-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

We have a scheels about 40 minutes away and they will price match cabelas if cabelas is cheaper. Why price match? because they should want your business and if your willing to drop price to get the customers business then thats says alot about them. I will buy alot of my stuff from them now and less from cabelas. And scheels garuntees there clothing for life.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Derag2

We have a scheels about 40 minutes away and they will price match cabelas if cabelas is cheaper. Why price match? because they should want your business and if your willing to drop price to get the customers business then thats says alot about them. I will buy alot of my stuff from them now and less from cabelas.
And scheels garuntees there clothing for life.
I find this hard to believe, are you suggesting that they gaurantee their cloths will never wear out?

Quick Reply: cabelas dont price match! how cheesey!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.