Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antis win the battle >

Antis win the battle

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antis win the battle

Old 10-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Antis win the battle

There was to be a controlled bow hunt in an area never opened to hunting before here in RI because of the extremely high deer population. The antis invited themselves ("Paws and Claws" didnt extend an invitaton to anybody but those opposed to the hunt) to a meeting and somehow stopped the hunt. I was all registered with the local PD and was prepared to play by their silly rules (i.e. no gut piles near roads or trails, cover your deer with burlap or a tarp while transporting, etc.), but got a voicemail today from the PD that the hunt has been suspended, please turn in your permit if you received one in the mail [:@]. I was going to stick with my bow and not do the muzzleloader thing this year, but I think im going to get my ML tags tonight in case I change my mind since this prime opportunity has evaporated. The regs have changed here too. If I don't get tags before opening day, you can't get either sex tags good for public or private land. All you can get are doe only tags for private land only. ML opening day is tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Antis win the battle

These antis will be the same people that bitch because they hit a deer with their car or have their gardens eaten by the damn deer. We have a tough battle to educate all the ignorant people out there. I see them all the time.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:03 AM

That's crap! Did you investigate to see how the ban came about and what can be done to reverse it for future years. I don't see how they could hold an open forum on the subject without inviting all those who had applied for the hunt. To be something sounds fishy!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Problem is with all these situations is that anti hunters show up in force and hunters never bother to show up at all. It's no wonder they win in that respect. It's the same all over, the anti's show up, the hunters don't. We take it for granted, and we're losing.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Rob there are strength in numbers. Some how we need to do the same thing to even the odds a little But the question is how?
Old 10-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know if it is just the Hunters not showing up at the meeting is the whole problem. I think more that the general public that feels there is a need to reduce the deer population needs to stand up more. The hunters are means to solve the problem. As hunters their voice may be looked at as biased. But if the general public that sees a big need for the reductions and speaks out, their voices will be heard.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

And they wonder why people shoot out of their trucks in the middle of the night. I agree, the anti’s win with their ill-bred efforts because of their collective attempts at stopping the hunters like you and me.

Hunters need to get together and fight for these issues. We would probably get more backing than anticipated!
Old 10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

the Idiots Dont have any common sense
Old 10-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

the Idiots Dont have any common sense
I could not have sead it any better!
Old 10-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob is propibly right, more idiots showed up them hunters

Quick Reply: Antis win the battle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.