Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can you dilute doe urine to make more?? >

Can you dilute doe urine to make more??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can you dilute doe urine to make more??

Old 10-27-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Can you dilute doe urine to make more??

This may be a dumb question, but I was wndering if it is possible to dilute doe urine to make more.

I buy scent every year, but hate paying so much for so little. I would love to be able to buy a dozen bottles and lay one he!! of a scent trail, but its just not economically reasonable.

So my idea is to take a milk jug, and obviously clean and descent it. Then buy a couple of bottles of doe urine, pour into the jug and fill the rest with water, attach a sprayer to the top and lay a heavy, long scent trail. At first I thought this would wreck the makeup of the scent in the bottle, but is it any different than when a real doe lays a scent trail and it rains?? Or we lay a scent trail and it rains?? A buck has to follow diluted scent then. Maybe it wouldnt work with synthetic scent, but the real stuff should work great and you would be able to lay a much larger trail.

Thoughts?
Old 10-27-2004, 10:12 AM

Default RE: Can you dilute doe urine to make more??

MN first welcome to the boards,, as far as your ?? the answer would be no if you dilute the doe urine it is going to loose its affect as far as scent goes,, secondly MORE is not better your trying to let a buck know that there is a hot doe in the area not a herd of them .
and as far as diluteing the scent all it will do is bring the ammonia that is present to the serface and that will be what the deer will smell, in theory your idea may sound good but it will have the opposite effect on the deer. this is just one instance of more is not better,,, by the way check your pm's
Old 10-27-2004, 10:14 AM

well having too concentrated of a scent can put a buck on high alert so i would say yes it should work fine ... personally I dilute doe pee 50/50 in a spray bottle and mist the air to let the wind carry the scent and find that pure doe urine is so thick it doesn't float well but diluted it floats fine and still brings em in no problems so dilute away you'd be surprised how sensitive a deer's nose is... I've had a buck stop in his tracks and follow a scent trail i laid out 2 days earlier b4 would of been great except i had moved my stand and he followed the old trail right infront of where i had my stand ..... doh!!! talk about kicking myself for moving it
Old 10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just having more is not the awnser! You want it as powerfull as you can get it! (IMO) Changing anything could result in a bad mixture? I would just buy more if i wanted to use more(IMO)