Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Whitetail Management Ground! >

Hunting Whitetail Management Ground!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Whitetail Management Ground!

Old 10-24-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Hunting Whitetail Management Ground!

This is an aerial photo of some public land that I am going to be hunting. From the locals, the fields are either soybeans, tall grass, sunflowers, minature corn, and field corn, even a mix of different crops sometimes. He said there are a lot of deer, and also a lot of hunters. I can park in the two spots that are marked with the red X. The orange line represents the river, which is the border line for hunting. Everthing south of the orange line is fair game. I know between the fields there is a swamp, I just dont exactly know where.

Old 10-24-2004, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Hunting Whitetail Management Ground!

I am assuming that the crops on public land leases has to be cultivated by November 1st ? If that is the case i would try to head for some of the thick woods or the swampy area, looking for their cover and new digs after being pushed out of the crop fields. Possibly, with the heavy pressure on the weekends, i would also try to hunt the weekdays M-F.
Good luck and keep us posted to how this turns out.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Whitetail Management Ground!

The area encompassed in pink is the swamp area.... there used to be and may still be a 130 class buck that bedded in the center of that swamp on a small piece of raised land shaped like a pennisula that would stay dry when the area swamp would flood. I found his bed there and his matched set of sheds there a few years ago...... He used to rub up the sapplings pretty well on the North East more to the east side of the swamp on the edge of he field..... looks like a good area to setup.. I have a friend that hunts that area also .... and you are correct it can be pressured by hunters pretty hard on the weekends...Good Luck