Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cattle Interference >

Cattle Interference

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cattle Interference

Old 10-22-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Cattle Interference

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it? The problem is cattle interfering and destroying feeders and consuming all the deer feed with the cost associated with it. They have also spoiled a number of bow shot opportunities and spooked the deer. These are rogue cattle that had gotten in to my hunting lease through a downed fence. The lessor and owner of the property has asked the owner of the cattle on the adjacent property to fix the fence and remove the cattle, he said he would and would build another fence within two weeks. That was almost a month ago and they are still there. There are only 7 cattle but enough to totally interfere with our hunting season. Talk about frustrating! I have communicated with the owner a number of times but they assure me that he is building another fence to keep his cattle on his property. I've thought of letting the cattle out of the lease property but they probably would get back in. The lease does state that it is permissible for the lessor to run livestock...........but they had no intention of doing so until after hunting season. I really don't want to take any legal action. Suggestions or ideas?
Old 10-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cattle Interference

If you can't eat venison then settle for beef.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:38 PM

The way I see it you have three options.

you could call animal control and let the authorities deal with it.

Or for kicks you could try to ride the cattle.

Or you could eat filet minyon.

If you choose #3 you'll probably need 80+ lbs of ke to blow through a cattle. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:42 PM

I'd say neck shots are out of the question. Just way too much to get through. You'd have to wait for a 10 yard broadside shot.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:04 PM

Cattle rustling is illegal in Oklahoma!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:20 PM

man if these cows are ruining your hunts and destroying your feeders shoot them they are just stray opps I mean rogue cows
Old 10-22-2004, 04:51 PM

I had this problem last year, the neighbors cattle were getting thru his fence and eating at my feeders. I complained to the owner twice and his excuse was he could not afford to repair his fence. The third time I threatened to kill the cattle, it made him mad but he sold all his cattle 1 week later.