Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting a Field and dense woods >

Hunting a Field and dense woods

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting a Field and dense woods

Old 10-19-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Hunting a Field and dense woods

I own a farm that has a 6 acre field that runs longways away from a road. The rest is very dense woods. I currently have my stand in the corner of the field where I saw the most tracks and there are lots of tracks. What is the best time to hunt this spot? Is this a good spot to hunt or should I actually be in the woods somewhere?
Old 10-19-2004, 03:07 PM

Default RE: Hunting a Field and dense woods

It depends................. A field edge can be great hunting if preferred foods can be found their and if hunting pressure hasn't been too bad. Typically, you more mature animals will only feed in the open under the cover of darkness, but there are always exceptions.

I say hunt it and see what happens. Try to determine where the deer will enter the field and then make sure your wind is not blowing that direction. Wind is the key, especially with bowhunting.