Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A Tribute To The American Indian >

A Tribute To The American Indian

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Tribute To The American Indian

Old 10-18-2004, 12:33 PM

Default A Tribute To The American Indian

My wife and I were discussing the true marksman and how they could drop a 1500 lb. buffalo on horseback. Truely an amazing feat.Sitting in my stand and contemplating the old world, how do you all feel and think about the American Indian?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:46 PM

Default RE: A Tribute To The American Indian

I often think about the Native Americans and how they were murdered and run from their lands. The majority of the time it's when I'm thinking about conservation. The Native Americans were conservationist to the highest meaning of the words. They lived off the land and were one with it.

The plight of the Native Americans is just another dark chapter in The United States of America's history.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:43 PM

Conservationist? Indians routinely burned prairies and forest and slaughtered fleeing animals, many which were not used. They ran bison off of cliffs killing thousands, taking what they could, and left the rest to rot in the hot miday sun. Murdered and run from their lands? I suppose if we didn't take over the west, they would still be hunting buffalo and running around in lion cloths at one with nature, yeah right, they and the rest of the world would be speaking German. They are extremely fortunate that we conquered them instead of somebody else. Perhaps no other group of people in the world have been given so much, and done so little with it. If your so distressed about our "theft" of lands, why don't you go find an indian and give him your property and ease your mind? Or, take a trip out here to Montana and meet the indian people and visit their reservations, that might change your prospective. Before you start spouting off about things you know nothing about, maybe you should study up on the subject.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

They did have some trophy scalps hanging on their walls.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:36 PM

ouch muley69 it seems you have a bit of a sore spot when it comes to natives, but that is your own business actually if you look at the facts they used alot more of the animals they slughtered than the Americans did at that time. And if you feel so strongly about white man taking most of their land well technically they were there a heck of alot longer than white man. so its like someone coming up to your property and saying leave or don't either way your property now belongs to us. Your post sounds like you have negative feelings towards the reserves in your area which is your buisness but you can't compare todays native americans with the ones when this all took place. Have you ever thought that maybe things are the way they are because of what the white man did and took what they did from them. I m not saying that this is how I feel but its just some things/facts you might want to think about. No hard feels just a little difference in opinion.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:12 PM

Stop and think about what your saying for a minute. We "stole" land from the indians. Did you know that tribes routinly took land from each other? What happened to them, they themselves did it, yet we are the bad ones. I assure you that when they fought each other over land, they were not nearly as compassionate toward each other. If you belong to one tribe, god forbid you get caught by another. My anger toward this "history" of native indians is that they live in perpetual harmony with one another and the land, in came the white man and destroyed all that was good. There was theft, drug use, disease, rape, murder, and torture long before the whites arrived. Secondly, this nieve ideal that indians would still be as they were 200 years ago, if it were not for the white man, is propostirous. Surely some nation would have come and taken over the Americas, and they are dang lucky it was us. Had it been another nation, it is reasonable to assume that there would be no indians alive in this country today.
Finally, I wish to ask you an honest question, what nation is native to the land they call their country? Why is it that only Isreal and the United States are constantly badgered about their lands belonging to somebody else, when few people actually live in a country that wasn't aqqusitioned by their ancestors?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stop and think about what your saying for a minute.
Stop and think about what your typing for a minute! From what I read in your first reply your in desperate need of some serious education.

Before you start spouting off about things you know nothing about, maybe you should study up on the subject.
I've spent the last 20 years or so studying my heritage , would you like to try a respectable debate based on facts?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: adams

I often think about the Native Americans and how they were murdered and run from their lands. The majority of the time it's when I'm thinking about conservation. The Native Americans were conservationist to the highest meaning of the words. They lived off the land and were one with it.

The plight of the Native Americans is just another dark chapter in The United States of America's history.
Well said Adams - If the world could only begin to understand the concepts of the native americans, we would all be better off for it!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:17 PM

Here we go, not one legitimate response. Not one person able to answer anything in a resonable fashion. You can answer my questions first bowfanatic, then you can bring it. I'm not going to argue with idealist and such, facts only. Put your twenty years to work. I have a double major from the U of M, B. S. Resource Conservation & Political Science, minor in Native American Studies. Doesn't make me an expert at all, but it doesn't mean I'm shooting from the hip either.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:19 PM

Actually, perhaps this thread should be transferred to the politics section?

Quick Reply: A Tribute To The American Indian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.