Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help with ethical question >

Help with ethical question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with ethical question

Old 10-18-2004, 07:18 PM

Default RE: Help with ethical question

If after checking with your local game management personnel you find out you can do this within the law your problem is solved.
If you are informed that the only legal way to do this is to use your tags so be it. You have to make a choice of whether to trade your Deer to retian hunting permission or become a poacher and use his tags. The only "Ethics Police" you have to deal with is yourself. You're either ethical or your not, there is no middle ground.

The aproval or disaproval of the people on this board should not nor does it effect what is or isn't ethical.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: royak

Thanks guys for your replys. To me it is an ethical question due to where it is at there is no problem with a game warden at all it is his land and he will come out and get the deer. I was just wondering what some of you would do. Yes I can take a lot of deer in WV but only 3 with a bow during the early part of season and he wanted a couple of young does for himself and if I dont get them he will probably just shoot a couple with his rifle and let it go. He is just giving me a chance to take them with my bow if I want.
I've lost all respect for you royak. Your first post was that you need to take a few Does because the owner dosen't hunt and this could cost you your hunting place. Hence my post let him tag and have the deer or donate them. Now you say it's no big deal because he would just shoot them with his riffle. To you it was an ethical question. It's not ethical to change the basic question.

I'm offended by what you have done. I'm on this site for a few reasons. 1) I, as a 20 year veteran, have learned a lot from my fellow hunters. I have total respect for them and deem all to be ethical. 2) I hope that I have and will be able to help others on this site. 3) I don't want anyone to loose their hunting place. I'm always trying to help other locate more places and get consistently get in front of monsters like I get the opportuntiy to do.

I wish you luck this year but only ask that you next post be up front and honest.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fieldmouse you dont have a clue.The owner doesn't Bowhunt. I guess I should have been more choosing in my words . I did not ask for your respect or even care about it. I was only asking what some of the other hunters would do. The owner could have gotten permits early in the season to take any extra deer that are a problem which most of the landowners that get them kill the deer at night and bury them. And it is legal. Oh and this takes place in the summer months also. He wants a couple to make into burger one way or the other he will get them.
You dont know me or if I am ethical or not so dont even try to judge me by this board. I really dont care what you or anyone else here thinks of me for as stated none of you know me. I have been hunting for nearly 50 years I am disabled and cannot hunt in the places I used to so I value the places I can.
As for the EP on this site it is very easy to sit at a computer and tell people that cannot see you what you would do it is quite another thing to be in the woods with no one around. I know you are probably one of those people that never break the law at all. I in no way intended to mislead anyone on this subject and if I did then I an sorry for that. I started bowhunting in 1964 and deer hunting in 1958 I have saw a lot in those few years.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

If what he wants is legal where you live then go ahead and do it .
He gets does for the freezer , you help with herd population , you get shooting practice . Check your game laws .
Old 10-19-2004, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Posted on wrong thread sorry
Old 10-19-2004, 07:24 AM

In West Virginia, if you kill a deer and someone else checks it in, you both get arrested if caught. If it is a state where you can do it legaly then great go for it. If not, then do not take a chance on the fine and loss of hunting license.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Typical Buck

I think land oner tags are different??
Old 10-20-2004, 03:39 AM

Come on Man! You can't shoot a deer and have somebody else tag it! It's both illegal and unethical, a great part of the pride we have as hunters is gathering our own meat, and on some occassions giving it to others. Not wacking a deer so because somebody else wont. I think the landowner is a cheese ball for having you kill his deer. If it were me I would fing another place to hunt before I illegally tagged a deer. Some game rules can be bent, but not this one.