Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Cams still stink >

Stealth Cams still stink

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Cams still stink

Old 10-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stealth Cams still stink

Well after having less than stellar results originally with my StealthCam (1.3 digital) and being unhappy; then getting a couple (2) decent pics and a bit better battery life (and being somewhat satisfied; to now checking my Cam after 3 weeks and not one pic and, by the, way, the $18 batteries were dead

on top of that, we then tried to set up my father's camera (same thing - I told him not to get one) and, guess what, the LED screen didn't work

I am ready to ship both back and get a Cuddeback
Old 10-11-2004, 07:01 PM

Default RE: Stealth Cams still stink

Sorry to hear that.....you may want to check out the Leaf River digital with LCD picture viewing screen.....its $ 50 cheaper with a higher resolution...self timer to frame pics.....locking bar...t.v. out cable....ect.,...I got one and really like it....had a cuddeback...nice cam but perfer the Leaf with all it's added features and price......Leaf has one of the best reputations on the market.....the Leaf is recieving rave reviews on all other forums....check it out at Cabela's
Old 10-11-2004, 07:58 PM

They're alright for the price if you buy a regular camera cam.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I like my stealth cam its not a digital but it takes good enough pics of the deer. I'm on my 3rd roll of film and batteries are still good. I don't leave it up 24/7 i usuallu put it up for a week or so then take it down and put it in another spot for a while then bring it home for a while. So far its good enough for me.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that the Stealths are just plain old cheap junk! I tried the 3 MG Digital and just figured if I payed more than it surely had to be better..... I was wrong! I've since got a Cuddeback and this unit is awesome! Everything the Stealth wants to be!