Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wow, I've never seen such damage... >

Wow, I've never seen such damage...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wow, I've never seen such damage...

Old 10-10-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Wow, I've never seen such damage...

done to a deer by a broadhead before! I shot a doe yesterday at ten yards with a 100g Muzzy 3-blade. It broke her right shoulder; went down through both lungs and her heart and came out breaking her left front leg at the elbow. That is two major bones as well as a few ribs. She STILL managed to run about 35 or 40 yards. I could stick three fingers into the entrance hole. When she ran off, I saw the feathers sticking out of her right side and 8 to 10 inches of arrow sticking out the other side. I was puzzled as to why it wasn't a clean pass through until I found her.

On a side note. I think I will be switching back to Gold Tips in the future. These Carbon Express CX arrows are just too brittle. I have cracked the knock ends of two of them and the one I shot the deer with yesterday was broken in at least 3 pieces. In 5 or 6 years of shooting Gold Tips, I only had one broken. They are tougher arrows in my opinion. Has anyone actually measured the straightness of the Gold Tip Pro hunter series? They are advertised as +/- 0.001 but I know their XT series arrows were usually not as straight as they advertised (0.003).
Old 10-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Wow, I've never seen such damage...

Bad to the bone.

I sent a 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy the length of a bear...it entered it's front shoulder and when the length through the bear, snapping the rear femur bone and shattering against a rock behind the bear....the bear ran 40 yards.

Old 10-10-2004, 03:16 PM

nice shot lol!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Crazy, good job though
Old 10-10-2004, 08:15 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Doe last year, jumped the string.....almost. moved her back leg into the shot and it severed it. Muzzy 3 blade/ 100 gr. She still was able to run from me for about 3 hours. I pressed her and pressed her thru the brush. Eventually she bled dry and I recovered her. Those are great arrows.

David