Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most damage??

Old 08-21-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Most damage??

Out of all the broadheads you guys have shot deer with, which ones did the most damage?
Old 08-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most damage??

When hitting both lungs, I've never seen a difference. All the deer I have shot through both lungs haven't made it out of sight.

When hitting bone, the old Bear Razorheads were king of all that I have shot. They were one of the few heads that smashed bones upon impact.

Just my experience, though.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:45 PM

Here is a picture of a spike I harvested last season with a 125 grain Shockwave. The wound you see in the picture was the entrance wound. Talk about a huge hole. The deer was down within seconds.

Old 08-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as tissue damage, out of over twenty some different heads that I have taken deer with, the most damage has consistently been done by Rocket's Hammerhead 3L.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Antler Eater.......I'll one up you.
The most damage (as far as entry and exit wound size)I've seen was a doe I shot with a Rocket Hammerhead 4L.
In reality, I have seen very little difference in results with any of the med to larger cut mechs with respect to distance traveled after the shot......all very short trails.

It only makes sense that the head that hit vitals with the largest cutting diameter is going to do the most damage, however heads of this style are appropriate to use for a relatively small percentage of bowhunters.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a small buck last year with a muzzy 100 grain 3 blade just behind the shoulder.He ran 20 yards and dropped.Blood flew out in buckets.When I got to him he was lying on the side I had shot him at and was perfect three slots going in.When I rolled him over to the opposite side he had a 10 inch ripp where the arrow came threw.Can only figure the arrow partially came out and the blades left in him ripped him open as he ran off.First time to see this.Always had clean blow threws before.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:48 PM

I shot a 6 point with a thunderhead 100... hit it in the spine at 30 yards paralized his back legs and he dropped like a rock... i had to finish him off after i realized i only hit his back?

I guess it's not the most damage, but probably the most effective!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:12 AM

The most damage I have seen is with a 100 gr. Spitfire. Awesome
blood trails but most fall within sight of the stand. I blew through a
West Virginia buck last year with one at 25 yards. He went 30 yards
and piled up. The blood trail from the hit to were he layed was
once again awesome.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

To date I'd have to go with rocket sidewinders.
They turned the lungs into a red jelly like substance on both deer and pigs.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:01 AM

I like steelforce lock downs for fixed blade ande snypers for mechancles deer go down within 60 yards of stand.

Quick Reply: Most damage??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.