Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quietest Bow

Old 10-08-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Quietest Bow

If you had to pick a bow that is very quiet, which one would you pick? I want to get a new bow for next year and want to get one after the season when some of them go on sale.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:45 AM

Default RE: Quietest Bow

I have been told that my Bowtech Justice is extremely quiet. Which is kinda funny since i was always worried that it was loud, but i guess that was only becuase it was right by my ear.

Last two times at the range i had guys comment about how quiet it was.

I shoot 70 lbs, stock Bowtech Hush kit expect cat whiskers on the strings. I use a Carolina Archery LORE stabilizer and shoot a 450 grain arrow/head.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:58 AM

My Bowtech Extreme is extremely quite!!!

I think when I changed the string silencers it made it quieter yet. I changed the bowtech ones to rubber cat wiskers trimed to about the size of a half dollar. Most bowtechs I have heard are just about silent.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Outdoor life did a test about 2 months ago. The quietest bow of the 21 they tested was the xTec. They used some pretty fancy equipment to test everything. That said I think if you work with just about any bow (heavier arrow & string silencers) you can make it quiet. Main thing is make sure YOU like the bow.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:02 PM

Out of everything I have shot and heard. The Hoyt x-tec by far. You can put a lot of stuff on the bow to make it better though, so unless you have a bunch of stock bows with nothing on them, I guess you cant really tell how quit that actual bow is.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also in the Hoyt line of quiet bows is the Razortec. When I bought mine last year, quietness was down the list of priorities. However, I have had so many people tell me how quiet it is that I get the impression that it's pretty quiet. None of the deer I have shot at have jumped the string.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have to aggree with wihunter402 that the Hoyt line is the quiest on the market With that said there are a lot of great bows out there that are quiet enough to do what you want to do.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:20 PM

If its fast enough, the noise won't matter. I have a martin with radical cams and an overdraw, it is a little noisy but fast. Has always hit the deer before it could move.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a Merlin Hunters Quest 35 with no string silencers and it's plenty quiet. I shot a doe earlier this week and my buddy was in a stand about 65 yards away and he had no idea I shot except for the deer running through the woods and piling up. There are so many sound reducing products these days it shouldn't matter what bow you choose.